Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Excited about Disney

i just thought at the offset that cause kids arn't in school the flight wouldn't be busy
but guess how wrong i was
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
they only have 1 from gatwick on that day alkel
That’s a shame. I hope it works out okay for you. I don’t have a medical condition but hate being penned in and remember the pre-kids two days. We often got a lone traveller next to us. Tbh it’s easier if it is a child as they’d be older and aren’t bothered about moving, plus they are easier to get past! I don’t suppose there’s anything left in bubble econ is there?
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

You can't just assume because schools are in session that flights wont be busy - do you think airlines just fly with half empty planes most of the year?

I am sympathetic but if you know you are up and down alot then you should have booked an aisle seat. Maybe now a lesson for the future.

If they are sleeping and you need out then just climb over them. Thats what id do personally. If they are sleeping so deeply that they can't hear you when you ask them to move then i'm sure they wont feel you moving past them?

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
i just thought at the offset that cause kids arn't in school the flight wouldn't be busy
but guess how wrong i was
An airline wouldn't put a flight on if history showed it wasn't busy. They would do a reduced seasonal service, say four days a week or down to one flight a day instead. I would always assume the flight will be full, then anything else is a bonus.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Apprentice Imagineer

No chance of moving to another seat then? As the passenger has been informed of the situation I wouldn't worry about disturbing them. Keep a glass of iced water, that will soon wake them up!
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Is it actually allowed to take a sleeping pill? What happens if there is an emergency?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rudie111 View Post
No chance of moving to another seat then? As the passenger has been informed of the situation I wouldn't worry about disturbing them. Keep a glass of iced water, that will soon wake them up!
I fail to see why the other passenger deserves a glass of iced water tipped over them if that is what you are suggesting. Every aisle passenger expects to have to let others out from time to time, but probably not excessively as OP has suggested. Telling someone that you are going to be a nuisance does not make it ok to be a nuisance. OP should probably forgo a meal or two.
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No wonder there is flight rage on planes 🙄
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Marks & Spencer's also have the lanyards at Customer Services. SA will usually move you to appropriate seats right next to the toilets. Usually, the last row in the plane is my experience of it.

I also have Crohn's and mine always triggers as soon as we get to the airport as my main triggers are stress rather than food.
I too have Crohn's

Lesson learnt for OP if you have a medical condition, never assume.

I agree with others, I do not understand why you did not book an aisle seat, I always book an aisle seat.

The hidden disability lanyard can be collected at LGW SA desk. Drop them an email. It will not help re-flight but means you can use the SA security and MCO are very good at spotting these and offering assistance there
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

The OP has got himself into a situation that could have easily been avoided. He needed the aisle seat and his wife needed the window seat, in that case either book the back two seats or book the aisle and window seat and hope that the middle seat doesn't get taken.
I personally would have thought for the few minutes of take off and landing the obvious priority would have been to cater for the OP's needs as surely the flight is now going to be more stressful for the OP than his wife.
Personally if I had been the other lone passenger I would have likely moved as I wouldn't have wanted to be sat next to someone who didn't want me there and felt I was being awkward for not moving, he has every right to keep his seat though as he booked it as his chosen seat .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread