Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Mar 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughters and her husband are going to Thailand on 5th April. All insurances in place, not remotely worried
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I feel really selfish as I want to book Singapore for October and the price has gone up nearly 50.00 since yesterday and I was checking on different computers, so definitely an increase. When my ex was wittering on yesterday, that it’s a fact ect that I should not be contemplating Japan in August, this was what was on my mind, to book before it increased and it has 😡
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

I think it’s understandable that everybody wants to make the most of their holiday. It’s what we work for, and what we put our heart and soul into planning. I don’t think it’s selfish to be worried x

Things are changing daily at the moment, fingers crossed everything works out for everyone...
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

I think it's entirely possible to feel sorry for those people who have died and also be upset about the prospect of losing an long-planned for holiday - don't apologise.
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm training for the London Marathon and will be gutted if it's cancelled because of it, I'm sick of all the scaremongering and hysteria. According to the CDC 14,000 people have died so far in the US during this flu season, 36 people have been reported to have Coronavirus in the UK.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You are not selfish, we all have different priorities at different times. You didn't cause this after all. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

My daughter just came back from Venice they decided to go it was paid for although people have judged them for going. I think the media are scaring people.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We are in Thailand at the minute.
It’s definitely business as usual here & there doesn’t seem to be any worries or concerns.
Both flights were full last tues.Man-Abu Dhabi-Phuket.
There were 5 people on the flight wearing masks that I saw,so most people were relaxed about their travel plans.
We are in khao Lak,so somewhere like Bangkok maybe different,but at the minute everyone here enjoying their holidays.
A Scottish lady that lives in Japan,said the flight attendants on her flight wore masks,they changed flights in Korea and apparently some flights into japan have been cancelled but so far hers is ok,she flies home tomorrow.
Tracy x
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
We have a cruise booked for August. My lovely sis came over last night to ask was I cancelling? Eh no! I am hoping it will all have blown over by then. Hate the thoughts of not getting a break. We are currently working extremely hard to pay for it!
Same here, cruise in August (Marella) and Netherlands at Easter (driving) with DD for her 21st birthday treat & partner (who are flying) to see DS who lives there now.

We will only cancel if forced to.

I'm more worried that my kids will get it as they are so far away (Netherlands & Aberdeen). DD is at Uni & there are so many students mixing which will be a risk.

Got to stop worrying & be positive but it's hard atm.
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

I must admit I felt a pang of concern for our holiday next month. Common sense tells me that if it's reaching a fever pitch of panic now that it'll will have calmed down in a month, but it's naturally a worry.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List