Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 19, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Help! Forgotten my driving licence

Ok well we’ve arrived and having pick out our car I then realise that I’ve forgotten my driving licence. Can anyone suggest how I get it sent to me in the quickest possible way?

Thankfully we are at a Disney hotel tonight so we are on the magical express and we can pick up car when I get licence.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Usually FedEx. Get someone to get it, pack it in a Jiffy bag and book it in online if poss. Try parcel2go for best price.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

I did this one year and my sister used UPS to courier it to me.

1999 Villa Davenport Lakes, 2001 Villa Windsor Palms
2003 with friends in LBV 2005/2006, 2007 Villa Southern Dunes, 2008 Villa Greater Groves, 2009 Bally's Vegas Villa - Hampton Lakes, 2010 Blue Heron Beach Resort, 2011 Dibb Townhouse Regal Palms 2015 Heron Villa High Grove
Baggie Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

All the other suggestions are great about how to get the licence sent to you, I can't think of a quicker way.

In case you somehow manage to get a car in the meantime (maybe someone with you has a valid licence) just remember it is totally illegal for you to drive without your licence being with you in the car (this includes it not being packed in a bag in the trunk - it has to be within reach)

Don't even risk it (I'm sure you wouldn't but it's worth a reminder for others reading the thread)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DH did this in California but I had mine and drove to Anaheim. We then had 5 days we didn't need the car and his licence was fedexed. His brother never did tell him how much this cost. When we went to the car hire desk to add him on the girl didn't even look at his licence.

Recently when we've been using Avis (in USA, not Europe as far as I know), the desk clerk tells us that a spouse can drive free of charge and they don't need to register their name or show their licence. However, if you are stopped by the police, a driver would definitely need a licence to show at that point, so FedEx is prob the way to go. It's one of the things that is now our last check before heading out the door to go on holiday.
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
DH did this in California but I had mine and drove to Anaheim. We then had 5 days we didn't need the car and his licence was fedexed. His brother never did tell him how much this cost. When we went to the car hire desk to add him on the girl didn't even look at his licence.

Recently when we've been using Avis (in USA, not Europe as far as I know), the desk clerk tells us that a spouse can drive free of charge and they don't need to register their name or show their licence. However, if you are stopped by the police, a driver would definitely need a licence to show at that point, so FedEx is prob the way to go. It's one of the things that is now our last check before heading out the door to go on holiday.
That is true, when a spouse is driving as well (and they don't have a young or inexperienced flag) more often than not the company doesn't want to see the licence.

This is because they only have a duty to check that the vehicle is hired to a licensed driver, the obligation for every driver to be licensed (and be in physical possession of the licence) is the drivers responsibility and nothing to do with the hire car company

To reiterate though the minimum you'll get for driving without a licence on you is a couple of hundred dollar fine and a period of time waiting in the holding cell whilst they verify you do actually have the authority to drive. It really isn't worth it...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
Another option is if someone on here is travelling in the next few days if a family member could send it next day delivery to them they could bring it with them?
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you all for your replies. After a blind panic at the airport we were able to get the magical express to All Star Music last night (only stayed one night) and have used Uber to get to Villa and do our food/drink shop. Will need to reorganise our plans a little bit until I get my driving licence on Tuesday. Thankfully a wonderful friend has come to my rescue and she is arranging for FedEx to pick up my licence on Monday and get it to me by 10.30am Tuesday. Feel such an idiot to have forgotten it 🤦🏻
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Not exactly the same, but I had a business Barclaycard compromised in Rio whilst on business.

Card was stopped at 3pm. New one arrived at the office less than 24 hrs later. Barclaycard arranged with BA for the pilot of their daily flight to Rio to take it. A BA courier then delivered it.
Perhaps the airline you flew with can help you out.
They can only say no...worth a call I’d say.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
Thank you all for your replies. After a blind panic at the airport we were able to get the magical express to All Star Music last night (only stayed one night) and have used Uber to get to Villa and do our food/drink shop. Will need to reorganise our plans a little bit until I get my driving licence on Tuesday. Thankfully a wonderful friend has come to my rescue and she is arranging for FedEx to pick up my licence on Monday and get it to me by 10.30am Tuesday. Feel such an idiot to have forgotten it 🤦🏻
I’m glad you’ve got it sorted. Don’t beat yourself up, it’s so easy to leave something behind when planning a holiday of this magnitude. DH got to Alamo desk & realised he’d left his credit card at home (he’d swapped to a new wallet, put his travel money card & dollars in, but forgot to switch his credit card over!). Fortunately they accepted mine.
Enjoy your holiday!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List