Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile American airlines from Philly

Anyone done this route? On seat guru it says overhead TVs? Would they be likely to have payable wifi so the kids could stream from Netflix or anything?

Thank you
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

I doubt the internet will be strong enough to stream Netflix (plus it would quickly eat up through your allowances) however I believe instead of having seat back TVs modern planes allow you to stream what would have been on the seat back to your personal device. You just need to download the AA app before you go.

See here: aa/i18n/travel-info/...ertainment.jsp

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

depends on the plane flying that route (you were too vague in your question, regarding the route)

in any event, just a quick reminder : just because your plane has seatback tv and a crapload of movies you want to watch, doesn't mean the IFE will work on that plane, on that day, and even if it does, you may get a seat with a broken screen, or even a full row of out of order screens, and there won't be a thing you can do about that

so, the very first thing to consider, is to bring your own entertainement. Movies downloaded to your tablet, games, even old fashioned books, yes, with paper pages and ink, lol, like we used to do in old times

don't take in flight entertainement for granted, sometimes it doesn't work, and if you relied on it ... be ready for a "painful" flight

agreed for streaming netflix, you can forget about it.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We flew LHR - PHL - MCO last week. PHL - MCO had WiFi and you could watch inflight entertainment for free using the AA app, there were no TV’s (overhead or seat back). I hadn’t downloaded the app so couldn’t tell you what the choice was like. MCO - PHL has seat back TV’s with lots of choice and WiFi.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks folks. Its Tampa-philly-edi. When looking on netflights it says personal device entertainment. The kids will have their normal stuff and I'll invest in some power banks if we go for that option. Thanks 😊
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Thanks folks. Its Tampa-philly-edi. When looking on netflights it says personal device entertainment. The kids will have their normal stuff and I'll invest in some power banks if we go for that option. Thanks 😊
The plane that didn’t have seat back entertainment still had in-seat power. You needed a plug and US adaptor though rather than it being USB.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
The plane that didn’t have seat back entertainment still had in-seat power. You needed a plug and US adaptor though rather than it being USB.
Fab thank you.
Old 5 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Personal Device Entertainment on AA flights without individual IFE screens means that you can view the full IFE on your tablet / phone via inflight wifi (no charge for using IFE). You need to have downloaded the AA app to your devices in advance.

More details here

aa/i18n/travel-info/...ertainment.jsp
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

It’s only two hours, we took tge plane that had arrived from Glasgow, no TVs, but for two hours it wasn’t an issue.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
It’s only two hours, we took tge plane that had arrived from Glasgow, no TVs, but for two hours it wasn’t an issue.
It's the transatlantic leg I'm more interested in, for the short flight it's not a concern at all.