Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Feb 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Which rental car companies offer the ‘direct to garage’ option at MCO

Is it just Alamo? Thanks
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Only done it once but joining Avis Preferred allows you to go straight to the garage but your car is allocated (was for us anyway). I think that Hertz have a "club" you can sign up to and maybe Dollar if you book direct with them.

Not much help am I? None so easy to do as Alamo at MCO. 5 minutes to do OLCI, get the bar code and straight to garage A or B - works for us.

Mick
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Avis have 'direct to garage' if you join their Preferred club, it's free. I always book BA fly-drive and join their Executive club again this is free, this way I get free upgrade, go straight to the garage option, free additional driver and ALL insurances are included so nothing extra to pay and no 'hard sell' from the desk when we arrive.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Thanks, weighing up costs against Expedia and coming out at double the price!
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Have you tried Andy at DFCH for Alamo prices? Currently running Alamo Max for certain grades. A couple of weeks ago we booked with him 5th time in last three years. Booked and paid for standard car and free upgrade to full size.

Other UK brokers will offer this but Andy usually competitive for us.

discountfloridacarhire/

Mick
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

We got a great price with Alamo from Andy and went straight to the garage after doing online check in
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
robotango
Proud to wear my Ears

With Avis, so long as you're preferred registered and use the App, you get a choice of three cars when you arrive
robotango is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by robotango View Post
With Avis, so long as you're preferred registered and use the App, you get a choice of three cars when you arrive
We had our 1st BA flydrive in 2017 and the car was allocated. Had a brief 5 mins at the desk in the garage to hand in prepay voucher and get 2nd licence added (wife FOC). Had a swap row, but after a long day and delay at immigration took the supplied Santa Fe. New car with only a few thousand on the clock. Think was the Sport variant as was only 5 seater. Enough for us (2A and 2C).
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
AFAI recall, I have done straight to garage with Alamo, Avis (preferred) and Hertz (registered with Gold Club). Haven't used Dollar for many years and not since straight to garage has become a thing
Old 2 Mar 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by robotango View Post
How does this work? I've been Avis Preferred for a few years, but never rented from them at MCO. In other locations I've gone straight to the garage and my name is on the indicator board showing where my allocated car is located (space and row number), keys are in the car and I've shown my licence as I exit the garage. If I have a choice of cars does this work in a similar way?

Thanks for any advice, at that point in the journey I'm normally keen for the car collection to be as smooth as possible!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List