Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 27 Apr 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
katieanna
Looking for my Ears

Draft itinerary, thoughts so far..?

Hi all!

So, me (20) my boyfriend (20) and my parents (49, 54) are heading to Orlando this June and although me and my parents have been before my boyfriend has not. So, we want to try and fit everything in as best we can so he can experience everything in the park as well as having a few relaxing days. Bearing in mind we are there for a total of 16 full days. We have one of the 14 day Disney/universal tickets. Also we are staying off Disney property so I know we can only book fast passes 30 days in advance.

My dad has recently had 2 knee replacements hence why we need to have rest days, on the 3 'pool days' we may also go to a park at night. Also, as much as I would love to go to a park on the first day we want our final 2 days in universal and then magic kingdom - if we were to start the tickets on an earlier day than we have planned we would not be able to do this. Hope this clears the plan up.

Below is the plan we have at the moment, any advice and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

SUN 2ND JUNE - Fly at 1pm (BST), arrive at 5.20pm (EST)
MON 3RD JUNE - Pool day / Disney springs in the evening
TUES 4TH JUNE - Universal/IOA
WED 5TH JUNE - Magic Kingdom
THURS 6TH JUNE - Animal Kingdom
FRI 7TH JUNE - Volcano Bay / Universal/IOA
SAT 8TH JUNE - Pool / shopping
SUN 9TH JUNE - Epcot
MON 10TH JUNE - Blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon /Magic Kingdom
TUES 11TH JUNE - FLEXIBLE (Universal/IOA)
WED 12TH JUNE - Hollywood Studios
THURS 13TH JUNE - Blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon / another park
FRI 14TH JUNE - FLEXIBLE (Universal/IOA)
SAT 15TH JUNE - FLEXIBLE (2 Disney parks)
SUN 16TH JUNE - Pool day / i-drive
MON 17TH JUNE - Universal/IOA
TUES 18TH JUNE - Magic Kingdom
WED 19TH JUNE - Home

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this!
katieanna is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LexiBantam
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Firstly, loving the colour coding ! 😊 Plans are so personal, and as you and your parents have been before you will know what you want to do most. For my family we’d drop at least one universal day for an extra AK day. You’ve got flexible days so you can see what you all enjoy and want to do again
LexiBantam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Looks like plenty of chill time. As you already know, the day you do the parks,it’s not like you are there 9am-9pm. Looks ok to me, everyone is different though.

I’ve done my plan on the dibb planner, I think it can be viewed if you click my profile.
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I much prefer Universal/Islands to Disney to the extent that I do not buy into Disney any more..

Having said this, I would most certainly drop at least one of your Universal days, if not two in order to maximise the Disney experience as this is your first visit.

If you have a car, then it is worth remembering that you can visit Universal in the evenings after 1800 and park for free. It may be that your Dads knees are not up to that, but yours might be!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:44 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post

I would revisit the “Flexible” days, that is try to make a decision. The one you have earmarked for Disney, you would at least need to know which park to book fast passes for. I would probably allocate another of the flexible days to a Disney park to rather than universal, as one day per park (two for MK) isn’t really enough especially for the first time visitor.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List