Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 8 May 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

August 19 Itinerary (inc Star Wars land)

Hi

I've put together an itinerary for my trip happening in August. I've utilised the Busy Day guides and the fact that I'm only staying onsite for a few days at the beginning and the end of the trip (highlighted in red)

If there's anything I've missed or if anyone has any tips please can you let me know. Thanks in advance

]
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks good - my husband is also going to attempt the star wars opening on 29th he thinks - i am staying in bed with kids - we are there a lot of the same time as you.
Old 17 May 19, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post

When you say you are staying onsite where do you mean? I am trying to understand first few days where you go to a Universal Park one day and Disney parks the others, likewise at the end of the trip. If I were onsite for only part of the trip I would definitely only go to those parks for that part.

I wouldn’t require three rest days in a trip of this length (albeit we are two healthy adults and I don’t know the make up of your group). Nor would I have two consecutive rest days and so would probably look to plan something for the Friday.

I couldn’t do morning to fireworks in a single park as you seem to have on a few days. I would look to do the day or at least the morning in one park and then head to another for fireworks or afternoon then fireworks.

But I think you have a nice mix overall and brave in going to SW opening!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

What time is your flight!? I know GE opens at six am, but the thought of the crowds, queues, traffic around the park, and then having to be at an airport for the flight back is too stressful for me. But our flight is usually around five, so we tend to take a steady drive to the airport after brunch and a last look around Disney Springs, as I also worry about there being something to hold us up on the roads.
Old 17 May 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
When you say you are staying onsite where do you mean? I am trying to understand first few days where you go to a Universal Park one day and Disney parks the others, likewise at the end of the trip. If I were onsite for only part of the trip I would definitely only go to those parks for that part.

I wouldn’t require three rest days in a trip of this length (albeit we are two healthy adults and I don’t know the make up of your group). Nor would I have two consecutive rest days and so would probably look to plan something for the Friday.

I couldn’t do morning to fireworks in a single park as you seem to have on a few days. I would look to do the day or at least the morning in one park and then head to another for fireworks or afternoon then fireworks.

But I think you have a nice mix overall and brave in going to SW opening!
Thanks for responding!

So the reason for deciding to go to Universal Studios on first day is due to wanting to go to SWGE on the final day and we only have a 14 day ticket.

When I say I'm staying onsite I mean at a disney Hotel. This decision was because we wanted to benefit from the 60 day fastpass booking to get on the popular rides and then the rest of the time stay at a villa.

Do you think we should put in rest breaks in afternoon and then go back to a different park? The reason why we planned one day at a park was purely down to uncertainty about how to park hop (time it would take) and fastpass+ rides in another park on same day!

We are hiring a car through the whole holiday so wouldn't be such an issue getting around
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
What time is your flight!? I know GE opens at six am, but the thought of the crowds, queues, traffic around the park, and then having to be at an airport for the flight back is too stressful for me. But our flight is usually around five, so we tend to take a steady drive to the airport after brunch and a last look around Disney Springs, as I also worry about there being something to hold us up on the roads.
So initially our flight was 12.30pm however I was able to get that changed to 6.30pm (as fortunately Delta did a minor flight change and the agent kindly moved our flight to later at no cost) . We have an indirect flight back to UK so the 1st leg would be domestic, although not sure it makes much of a difference on what time to check in with luggage.

We're hoping to get out of SWGE/HS by lunch and then relax by the pool for a couple of hours before heading to airport mid afternoon.

It will be a crazy long final day in Orlando, however we do plan on having a really early night on Wednesday to prepare for the madness!
Old 17 May 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by robot1000 View Post
Thanks for responding!

So the reason for deciding to go to Universal Studios on first day is due to wanting to go to SWGE on the final day and we only have a 14 day ticket.

When I say I'm staying onsite I mean at a disney Hotel. This decision was because we wanted to benefit from the 60 day fastpass booking to get on the popular rides and then the rest of the time stay at a villa.

Do you think we should put in rest breaks in afternoon and then go back to a different park? The reason why we planned one day at a park was purely down to uncertainty about how to park hop (time it would take) and fastpass+ rides in another park on same day!

We are hiring a car through the whole holiday so wouldn't be such an issue getting around
I think the rest breaks required depends on the party, we sometimes have a short rest break in the day as we are always onsite but most days we don’t need them. We never have full rest days, although we minimise our park time at the weekends.

We never hire a car, we use the Disney transport, we find it very quick and easy to park hop. We do at least two parks every day, your first three fast passes must be in the same park, after then you can only book one fast pass at a time and it can be any park.
Old 17 May 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think the rest breaks required depends on the party, we sometimes have a short rest break in the day as we are always onsite but most days we don’t need them. We never have full rest days, although we minimise our park time at the weekends.

We never hire a car, we use the Disney transport, we find it very quick and easy to park hop. We do at least two parks every day, your first three fast passes must be in the same park, after then you can only book one fast pass at a time and it can be any park.
Having checked the park hours again, it looks like Epcot has EMH on our first Thursday so may park hop to HS for afternoon. Is it possible to book fastpasses at HS, but enter into Epcot first?
Old 17 May 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by robot1000 View Post
Having checked the park hours again, it looks like Epcot has EMH on our first Thursday so may park hop to HS for afternoon. Is it possible to book fastpasses at HS, but enter into Epcot first?
Yes absolutely you can book your FP for the second park. I am planning to do that one day too, use EMH to get a few rides on stand by and then focus on the world showcase before going to HS.
Old 17 May 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I've only ever flown direct, so don't know the answer to check in etc.

I did think that you may be planning to get away by lunch and have a bit of pool time to refresh!

My dh is a very dedicated sw fan, and I understand your inner Jedi will be calling!

May the force be with you, have a most impressive and successful last day and a wonderful holiday all round