Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 May 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Any views on my plan...

Here is my plan for two weeks on October!

Not interested in SWGE - if we can see it we will, if we cant wont be bothered in the slightest!

4 of us - me and DH, plus DS 10 and DS 6 - both used to huge amounts of exercise and very adaptable to changes in routine. Challenge is the amount of sleep DS 6 needs and getting him up in the morning!

We love the parks but not fussed on site food hence lack of ADRs... feel its expensive ( as expected) and you can get much better food offsite hence why most of our evening meals are off site - places like Mannys, Bahama Breeze, Texas etc being our faves!

Flying BA LGW - MCO Sat 12th October; Avis Group S Car
Staying in a villa in Hampton Lakes with 2 separate nights at Disney Value and 1 night at HRH

Sat 12/10 - Arrive MCO 15.30 - Shop and dinner at Applebee's, Berry Town

Sun 13/10 - Check into AOA - EEMH at MK - Head back to AOA after lunch for pool time and a nap, ADR Raglan Road 7pm

Mon 14/10 - EEMH AK - ADR Tusker House 10.40am late breakfast. Head back to villa mid afternoon for pool time then dinner TBC off site

Tue 15/10 - EPCOT - Mid morning until Mid afternoon - Villa and off site evening meal

Wed 16/10 - Check into POP - EEMH HS; back to POP for pool time and rest at lunchtime - HS for Fantasmic in the evening

Thurs 17/10 - EEMH - MK; Leave late morning and head to TL for waterpark fun and lunch - villa chill out in the evening

Fri 18/10 - Seaworld

Sat 19/10 - Epcot late morning and then head to BB mid afternoon for a couple of hours before MK for Wishes

Sun 20/10 - Volcano Bay/ City Walk - may venture into IOA/US to do the smaller rides with no Q as have FOLP later in the week

Mon 21/10 - HS AM then PM - either a waterpark/ golf

Tues 22/10 - Check in to HRH - US/IOA

Wed 23/10 - IOA/US

Thurs 24/10 - AK early - back to villa for lunch then Epcot for F&W and Illuminations

Fri 25/10 - MK and then hop to other parks if we want

Sat 26/10 - TL all day and then head straight to the airport

Please feel free to comment and offer up any improvements!

:-)
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

What is swge?

I think it’s a good plan. You don’t have any full rest day though but I know not everyone does that. I have to schedule ours one day in park one off but I have littler ones.

Only think really that I wouldn’t personally like is to do anything on last day. Bit of Disney Springs etc is my thing. I couldn’t do water park then go on a plane.

What I have realised looking at everyone else’s trip report is that there’s no set thing. All depends on your family and a bit of trial and error.
Also the day with Epcot then blizzard then magic kingdom. That would be too much for me.

Like your offsite dining choices and naps we will be doing those too
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gbatey
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
What is swge?

I think it’s a good plan. You don’t have any full rest day though but I know not everyone does that. I have to schedule ours one day in park one off but I have littler ones.

Only think really that I wouldn’t personally like is to do anything on last day. Bit of Disney Springs etc is my thing. I couldn’t do water park then go on a plane.

What I have realised looking at everyone else’s trip report is that there’s no set thing. All depends on your family and a bit of trial and error.
Also the day with Epcot then blizzard then magic kingdom. That would be too much for me.

Like your offsite dining choices and naps we will be doing those too
SWGE - Think it could be Star Wars Galaxy Edge...
gbatey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree with Vampiress comments on water parks. I would also add you have these at weekends and on a Thursday. Weekends are the worst days for waterparks and I wouldn’t even do a Thursday either, I only do waterparks Monday to Wednesday.

I would do a water park and a theme park on the same day but I would not do theme park - water park - theme park. I would do the water park in the morning and the theme park in the afternoon /evening.

The thought of a water park all day and then straight to the airport would give me nightmares for a week beforehand!

So in a nutshell, all looks fine but I would rethink the water park parts.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Personally we prefer to do Disney springs on the last day, stay in the air con, maybe go to the dine in cinema.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all ... this is our 6th time and we have ALWAYS done a waterpark on the last day!

Really tires the kids out before the flight, you can shower and arrive at the airport refreshed and clean and don't feel like we are wasting our last day ... especially this year as our flight isn't until 19.55.

I know people say that water parks are busy at weekends but we went in 2017 at the same time and didn't find them busy at all ... the weather is warm to us but not to the locals so i dont think they tend to go as much as they would say in July/ August

May have to rethink the park - waterpark - park day ... curse of MNSSHP ... limited nights to see Wishes!
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List