Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Nov 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Tourin' Over California 2017 - Day 14 Heading to LA

26 July

We were on the road again today to our final destination LA staying in Burbank

We stopped off at La Jolla on our way, parking up on the sea front. We found where Starbucks was on Megan's phone walked to the one on Torrey Pine Road for a drink following Google maps which had us going all the way round the houses to get there - we found a more direct route back!

We walked along the sea front and could see seals in the water and on the rocks. There was a sign saying 'no seal selfies' which amused us!

We set out for LA and it was fairly heavy traffic all the way to LA.

We had another stop on the southern outskirts of LA at a KFC, mainly to use the bathroom facilities as none of us was particularly hungry, only to find the ladies loo was out of order. Tracey made me check the men's out before her and Megan decided to use them.

We carried on our journey to the Safari Inn. The journey had taken about 4 hours from La Jolla

The Safari Inn was a typical motel with a bit of a retro feel. There were a lots of bikers staying there and loads of motor bikes on the car park. We wondered if it was going to be rowdy, but it turned out not to be a problem at all. I got a safety deposit box at reception, and booked the shuttle to Universal for 7am next morning.

After looking at what rides and attractions were at Universal, we realised that the park opened at 8 and we could have got in at 7. We decided to leave the shuttle as it was.

We had an hour in the pool and then Tracey and I walked to a shop up the road to get some crisps, snacks and drinks for that evening and next morning. It ended up costing us almost as much as a weekly shop because all the items we picked up were advertised as cheaper than we ended up paying as we didn't have a loyalty card! We watched a little TV before getting an early night ready for an early start next morning. I had never seen Catfish before this holiday, but we’d now watched loads of episodes over the last 2 weeks.

We were awoken twice in the night by my mobile going off - one call from the UK and one from the US. I made sure it was on DND at night after that.

Day 15 here
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF

Edited at 09:39 AM.
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List