Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 Jun 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Barkers Go Westside : Day Four Disney Parks

Had a really good nights sleep bed was really comfy and heard no noise from the corridor as the bedroom is quite far away with the living room being next to the door. We headed downstairs to the breakfast room. It was so busy and they really don't have enough tables to cater for the amount of people. We sat by the bar. I informed the waiter of my diet and he was very helpful he arranged for my GF bread which was tasted for me in the kitchen to avoid contamination from the toaster. The chef also cooked me some separate bacon. I never eat much at breakfast so this was enough for me.

We done the short walk to the parks no queues so sailed on through. We went straight to Radiator Springs as I had heard this gets busy. I'm glad we did as even though past passing early in the morning we got an early afternoon time slot. The fast passes were crazy like this every day so definitely one to do first thing.

After getting our passes we rode Soarin.

I loved this ride from Orlando but for some reason I never remembered the smells. This time I did take note of how great this was. We also got front row which was so good.

After this we rode toy story. The queue time said 45 minutes but we ended up waiting about an hour. The queue was never ending just when you think you are getting near you go through to another part with a massive queue! Love this ride and I beat Darren... should have taken photographic evidence!

Next up we went to eat at Award Weiners which was very tasty I had a hotdog with a GF bun. Unfortunately chips were not GF so had to have fruit

After this we went on the Little mermaid I do love this ride gives me goosebumps... Darren not so much.

It is such as shame regarding the ongoing works to the pier. Darren was quite disappointed the main big rollercoaster was being refurbed. It will be great when done I'm sure just a shame we happened to go when it was all shut.

Next up was Radiator Springs. We were both really impressed with cars lane it was great theming.

The ride was great similar to test track but a lot more up and down as apposed to fast around the track. Although we did have quite a wait to get on although we had fast pass still a long queue and just as we got to the front it broke down. Took them about 20 minutes to be all up and running again but worth the wait! Not sure I would have stood in the 120 minute stand by queue though.

Quick ice lolly stop!

Went on soarin one last time then went back into the Disneyland park where we rode nemo and Indiana Jones... again!

We went to Tortilla Jos in Downtown for our dinner reservation however when we arrived we were told sorry but they had closed the restaurant for a private function Apparently has we had a UK mobile number on the booking they were unable to let us know
So we went over to Uve bar in the centre and luckily they had a table without a wait. Dinner was really good I had steak and fries with garlic... lots of garlic I was very stinky for the rest of the evening. Darren had fish tacos which he said were good.

We looked at a few of the shops I brough a Disney lead to match our dogs Minnie collar I got last year. I also picked up some tea towels and biscuits for gifts.

We walked back to the hotel and I done some washing. It was so handy to have free access to the washing machines and dryers at the hotel. We watched some TV and headed to bed. 22,000 steps done today.

Tomorrow we have a park free day and go to the outlets.
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
do they have the green car chick hicks? my guy was mad about him lol

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
do they have the green car chick hicks? my guy was mad about him lol
I just had to google what that was! I don’t remember seeing that one.
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ribena View Post
I just had to google what that was! I don’t remember seeing that one.
lol looks amazing - would love to go. we keep booking vegas though child free oops

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
lol looks amazing - would love to go. we keep booking vegas though child free oops
It was good to see and compare. Also to try somewhere new we have been Orlando for many years.