Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 3 Jul 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

It's subjective and depends on time of year etc, but for us the minimums would be MK(2), EP(2), AK(2), HS(1) and USF/IOA(3).

With Toy Story Land HS could now also be a 2 day park?!?

Don't forget with Ultimate Tickets you'll have the Water Parks included also!
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

I think you have to think about what you want to do, because it will vary massively. For example, we could not fill two days at Epcot if our lives depended on it and we do go round the world showcases! I would spend max six hours in Epcot, probably in two short visits.

I could easily spend a week at universal parks, although I would probably limit it to three days on a 14 day trip.

At Disney we don’t do a park a day, we like to do at least two parks a day and probably three. But in terms of where to start and book the first 3 FPs for the remaining 11 Disney days it would be: MK 5, AK 3, HS 2, Epcot 1. If I am having a waterpark day, I would book the FP for the late afternoon or evening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

14 days...

a few tips...

first 3 days you will be wide awake at scary early o'clock - so make hay. Get up and get out and hit the parks - I would go by the Dibb Busy Day guide - and go to the most recommended parks.

So 3 early starts at MK, Epcot/AK and one of the Universals. - then a day off - just to chill by the pool or go shopping to one of the malls (carlos bakery in Florida Mall) - it is a holiday after all.

Next you move into the middle phase - Perhaps a morning or afternoon in one park and an evening in the other...

If you like fireworks - you will need to plan an evening at MK, HS, Epcot - and Rivers of Light optional - but I like AK at night - see the tree and the neon at Pandora - so as you can see I like to plan for at least a morning in all and night time in all disney parks.

Then the last phase of the holiday - is going back to where you liked best - and now you know they layout - going at a slower pace to smell the roses.

Please see in my footer below - there is a disney centric printable itinerary - so grab that - and the busy day guide - plan the best parks for all the days of your trip - then after you know WHICH PARK you will be in on WHICH DAY to can plan fast passes and where to eat etc.

Also go to Undercover Tourist site - there are one and two day Touring Guides for all the parks (designed for US guests just in Orlando for a weekend to maximise their time in the parks).

Example - 2 day MK guide: undercovertourist/or...-kingdom-2-day

And finally - its tempting to cram in as much as possible - but leave PLENTY of wiggle room - Orlando is so awesome that its the random things - unexpected - despite all the planning that make it most enjoyable - so dont forget to have fun (and most likely you will catch the bug and know 20 minutes in your first park that you will want to be back ASAP and often!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 10:11 AM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I concur with the above replies.

Everyone's itinerary is tailored to their own preferences. We like to spend a third of our time relaxing around the pool, so we do half days in the parks and visit most twice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SpectroMagical View Post
I would personally allow 2 days for Animal Kingdom as well as Epcot and MK, but I seem to be in the minority who find AK to have plenty to do - there's not just rides, but shows and all of the animal trails too. It's a wonderful park.
This is probably like swearing on here but I prefer AK to Epcot ...I might even say 2 AK and 1 Epcot...However OP you will find out which parks you like when you get there, and be able to switch fast passes to another park whilst you are there... I would recommend booking fast passes for everyday at MK so you can decide when you are there which days to go ( you aren't fixed to the days you have to go to universal / Disney so it may help you to stay flexible with plans if you do swap days around.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just to be Mr Awkward if you have booked Discovery Cove then I thought you got Sea World tickets as part of the package. Its all about opinions but some would say Sea World has three of the best if not the best coasters in Orlando.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
Just to be Mr Awkward if you have booked Discovery Cove then I thought you got Sea World tickets as part of the package. Its all about opinions but some would say Sea World has three of the best if not the best coasters in Orlando.
I thought so too.

We go for the Ultimate tickets that include Busch, Sea World and Aquatica.

Mako is the best coaster in Florida IMO. Kraken and Manta are great, and Atlantis is also a very good ride.

Manta delivers a lot of G's if you ride in the very back. A real skull crusher, way more than any other coaster imo.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List