Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Aug 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a fantastic first day, DCA is a brilliant park and you did loads . Can't believe you made it through to the fireworks , I would have been shattered.. Go you ! No dinner ..eek .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
fillmore
Trying for More Ears

Can't believe how much you did on your first day! I feel homesick for DL and DCA now after looking at your photos, especially the Cars Land ones. Well done for going on California Screamin'. We wussed out when we saw it in the flesh!

Looking forward to reading more.
Old 31 Aug 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by clochette View Post
You certainly managed to pack a lot in did t you? I love the look of the Cars area, but doesn't the castle look small - or is it just me?
Cars Land is fabulous and you're quite right - the castle is small. I'd read about it before I went, so was expecting it, but if you turn up there as first timers without any research, can imagine you might be a bit underwhelmed by it.

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
What a fantastic first day, DCA is a brilliant park and you did loads . Can't believe you made it through to the fireworks , I would have been shattered.. Go you ! No dinner ..eek .
I loved DCA - it was definitely my favourite of the two parks.

There's no way I'd have made it to the fireworks though without that afternoon rest. I think knowing we only had two park days meant we had to see as much as we could, but managing to sleep on the plane yesterday helped me adjust too.

It wasn't the only time we missed dinner either.

Originally Posted by fillmore View Post
Can't believe how much you did on your first day! I feel homesick for DL and DCA now after looking at your photos, especially the Cars Land ones. Well done for going on California Screamin'. We wussed out when we saw it in the flesh!

Looking forward to reading more.
California Screamin' was very smooth and looks scarier than it is. So much so, we rode it again the next day! You'll have to be brave and do it the next time you visit.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Wow. That was a busy day 1! I tend to overdo it on the first day in WDW as I'm just so excited to be there and I'm sure DL would be the same. You managed a lot of the big rides, which is good to know.
How far was your hotel? Was the shuttle a Disney shuttle or someone else's? I've heard mention of that Toy Story car park before.
Looking forward to reading through the rest of your trippie.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

They used to do a dessert party thing for Fantasmic which meant you had a reserved seat. Then suddenly it was gone. Yes, I'm afraid its standing only at DL these days but I still think their version is better than DHS. They use the Columbia sailing ship for the Peter Pan sequence which is amazingly spectacular.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Fantastic first day. You managed to fit loads in.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Wow. That was a busy day 1! I tend to overdo it on the first day in WDW as I'm just so excited to be there and I'm sure DL would be the same. You managed a lot of the big rides, which is good to know.
How far was your hotel? Was the shuttle a Disney shuttle or someone else's? I've heard mention of that Toy Story car park before.
Looking forward to reading through the rest of your trippie.
Hi, sorry I’ve only just seen this.

The shuttle was a Disney one. Think you could probably walk it in about 20 minutes, but with weary legs/feet and a struggle with the time difference, that was never going to happen.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 18, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Fantastic first day. You managed to fit loads in.
Thanks. The trick is definitely to get there for opening time. Maxpass definitely helps too, but we didn’t really make the most of it until the second day.