Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Jun 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Hi Adam, I love the way you’ve done all your calculation (working out by the day, carrying negative balance over etc), I’ve been looking forward to reading this and I’ve finally got time to catch up.

It’s a shame you found the Pop food court a bit mediocre, we stayed there a few years ago and I enjoyed the simplicity of it. I love that Landscape of Flavors is so close by and has a bit more variety, we are making a trip there this year just for the gorgeous pasta.

We’re giving Via Napoli a second chance this year after an underwhelming first visit, I am looking forward to it as the pizza’s always look gorgeous, especially the white one. I hope we have better luck than you.

You have me all excited for Frontera Cocina now, you don’t see too many reviews of it.

How awesome is it that you can mobile order a Dole Whip!?

I am delighted you enjoyed your meal at Mama Melrose, that steak is my favourite dish in Disney. Michelle’s pasta looks nice too, but I’m not a fan of the American trend to dump the sauce on the top, mix it in guys! It makes it look like there’s no enough of it. I think I’d go for the same dessert as you as I love black forest.

I kind of get the appeal of ‘Ohana, I think being at the Polynesian plays a huge part, it’s such a great resort to visit. Although, that said, we’re not fans, we’ve tried it twice and neither experience was bad, it’s just not for us.

I love those rolls at Garden Grill. I’m sad to see the salad has changed. Fries rather than sweet potato once now? That’s a pity.

Now, Loaded Buffalo Chicken Tots have been added to my wish list, although it’s highly doubtful that Friars Nook will be open in September.

My OH appreciates your Crystal Palace Pooh joke.

We have a place just like Blaze here in Dundee too so I’m not sure if we’ll bother with it as I think we’d have much the same experience as you, there’s so many other QS places at Disney Springs that also appeal.

You’re completely right about the QS options at Hollywood Studios, we us

You’ve opened my eyes a bit to another reason for buying the plan, we’re paid in the past because I liked knowing everything was paid for prior to the trip, but actually I also like that it allows you to dine without worrying about what everything is going to cost. It’s nice to be able to have a snack because you fancy it not and not be thinking ‘oh $7 for a cupcake, can I justify that?!’

I loved reading your reviews Adam, we had several similar experiences. Fascinating report, thank you!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Adam - thank you for finishing off what’s been a really interesting food report. It’s made me really curious and properly think about our options.

I love the dibber comment about having it changes behaviour, very philosophical and I agree!

Shame you didn’t like your Starbucks. I do like drinks like that but then when I work out the sugar content intatantly regret them!

It seems you had a fab time & even more impressive... how did you manage to get 4 fastpasses for FOP?!

Michelle x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Alice Disney
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this report. I have found it very reassuring that we will get value for money from DDP when we go (we got free QSDP & upgraded to DDP). My husband & I will tend to have a beer from QS at lunch time & wine or a cocktail with TS dinner so this alone will give us good value I think.
I love the fact that food & drink is paid in advance & I only need to budget for tips. It makes the holiday far more enjoyable for me.
Alice Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous food report and many thanks for taking the time to complete. Has certainly made us rethink some of our plans for later this year when we will be paying oop for everything although with AP discount. Particularly enjoyed your reviews of Planet Hollywood and Nine Dragons.
Old 6 Jul 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
It seems you had a fab time & even more impressive... how did you manage to get 4 fastpasses for FOP?!

Michelle x
Well I had a ***cough** 12.00 meeting at work on Fastpass day. It was a funny meeting as it was in an empty office and there was only me invited. I had to take my own laptop too

There was loads of availability to be honest. It was a bit tight for the first few days but certainly in the second weeks there were plenty available. They disappeared pretty quickly mind you

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Well I had a ***cough** 12.00 meeting at work on Fastpass day. It was a funny meeting as it was in an empty office and there was only me invited. I had to take my own laptop too
That sounds very familiar. Also using a sandwich as a defence mechanism (working and eating lunch in here can't you see people!)
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I just wanted to say, I went to the Metrocentre last weekend for the first time and tried MOD pizza - it was so good! Thanks for mentioning it!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we don't stay on site so this thread was read by me purely out of curiosity. However I found it really interesting and have read it right through this morning. It was such an enjoyable read and, I'm sure, very helpful for anyone contemplating DDP.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great food report! Thanks so much for sharing
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great food report , thanks for sharing your thoughts x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List