Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Jul 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Question What should I be booking?

Hey there guys, sorry it's me again with another daft question (or 2!) ...my booking day for cruise stuff opens up on Wednesday so I'm panicking as I don't want to make any rookie mistakes

I was just wondering what (if anything) should I be looking to book quickly? We're taking on board all previous advice and defo aren't booking any excursions as it's our first ever cruise but are all character meet & greets etc easy enough to get? And what about the kids clubs?
Do we need to pre book the shows/entertainment etc? Is it anything like the craziness of getting adr's/fp's at Disney?!

Oh...and how do the restaurants work? Do we need to book for each night (we're not bothered about Palo/Remy)?

All help/advice greatly appreciated, thanks
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

There are three restaurants and you dine in each one once if you are on a three day cruise. You will be told when you board the ship which rotation you will be on. You will have the same dining staff throughout and there are two sittings so you need to choose which one you want.
A lot of people with young children choose the early sitting as the later sitting is 8 o'clock
One night is pirate night or possibly Halloween and you can dress up.
There are two shows each evening and you don't need to book.

Not sure about meet and greets as have never done it but there always seem to be a long queue for them.

If you are not booking any excursions I would only go for a quick walk round some of Nassau just to say you've been there as its like most ports. There are plenty of things to do on board.
Castaway cay is amazing. Get off the ship early and make the most of the day there is so much to see even without any excursions. Great bbq so you don't need to go back to the ship for lunch.
If you don't have small children visit the over 18s beach. It's very tranquil.
Unfortunately once is not enough! It can become a habit.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Perfect! Thank you! That helps a lot! So very relieved that we don’t have to book restaurants or shows!
We were really hoping to book our little boy (6) into the pirates league for either pirate night or the Halloween night but we’ve missed it...it was sold out by the time we checked it 🙁. Don’t even know what’s on what night tbh, but we figured it'd probably be 1 of the 2 middle nights?! Dunno if it’s worth asking when we board?
Thanks again 😀
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I think the children's club on castaway cay is called Scuttles Cove and is for children 3 - 12. I am not sure how quickly it books up though. You keep in contact by wave phone.
We have booked the nursery this year which is on the ship the whole time as we have 9 month twins with us.
I think you may have a chance of booking on the ship as some people book then cancel once on board. I would enquire at the desk as soon as you can.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
I think the children's club on castaway cay is called Scuttles Cove and is for children 3 - 12. I am not sure how quickly it books up though. You keep in contact by wave phone.
We have booked the nursery this year which is on the ship the whole time as we have 9 month twins with us.
I think you may have a chance of booking on the ship as some people book then cancel once on board. I would enquire at the desk as soon as you can.
Thanks for that! Think we're planning on exploring with the kids but good to know our options...they might want to ditch us .

What an awesome adventure going with your twins ...super exciting times ahead!
Old 8 Aug 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
No need to book the youth activity (YA) areas at all. Your children are automatically allocated a space even if they don't use it once on the cruise.

On Castaway Cay day, the YA areas on the ship close (not the nursery) and move over to CC. They do all kinds of activities with them, in the shade and in a secure area where the same rules apply for picking up/dropping off (adult must be on the approved list, must have their KTTW card and must have the password too).

They do not take them near the water at all, so if you want them to experience that, you'll need to take them out of the club for that bit of time.

Definitely go over to Serenity Bay (over 18s) once he's in the Club - you won't regret it and it has a better BBQ too (in my opinion)!
Just catch the tram if you don't fancy a massive hike in the heat.

Enjoy!
Old 8 Aug 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
No need to book the youth activity (YA) areas at all. Your children are automatically allocated a space even if they don't use it once on the cruise.

On Castaway Cay day, the YA areas on the ship close (not the nursery) and move over to CC. They do all kinds of activities with them, in the shade and in a secure area where the same rules apply for picking up/dropping off (adult must be on the approved list, must have their KTTW card and must have the password too).

They do not take them near the water at all, so if you want them to experience that, you'll need to take them out of the club for that bit of time.

Definitely go over to Serenity Bay (over 18s) once he's in the Club - you won't regret it and it has a better BBQ too (in my opinion)!
Just catch the tram if you don't fancy a massive hike in the heat.

Enjoy!
Great, thank you! I think we’ll need to be strict with ourselves and chill about leaving the kids as Serenity Bay does sound very appealing! My friend has previously done this cruise and mentioned getting a massage on the beach...do you happen to know if this would’ve been at SB?
Old 13 Aug 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by -kat- View Post
Great, thank you! I think we’ll need to be strict with ourselves and chill about leaving the kids as Serenity Bay does sound very appealing! My friend has previously done this cruise and mentioned getting a massage on the beach...do you happen to know if this would’ve been at SB?
Yes, the massages are at SB. Just be aware that you will be face down so won't be able to see the ocean while having your massage. You will hear other guests too - it's not quite as tranquil as you'd like it to be apparently.
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Yes, the massages are at SB. Just be aware that you will be face down so won't be able to see the ocean while having your massage. You will hear other guests too - it's not quite as tranquil as you'd like it to be apparently.
Cool, thanks! Might just skip that then 🙂