Notices

Old 15 Aug 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Did we mention we like a drink? Day 4 August 18

Today started at a very reasonable 7am I hadn't stirred all night and felt really refreshed. Roo woke around 7.30 and we started getting ready for the day about 8am. Three of the others were also up so 6 of us headed to IHOP for breakfast standard breakfast for us all eggs, sausage, hash and toast the kids had pancakes. All suitably stuffed we headed over to Typhoon lagoon and unintentionally arrived at 9.58am the park was just open and we were quickly in and bagging our sunbeds towards the middle of the wave pool messaging the other to tell them where to find us.

We hit the tube slides straight away apologies as I'm rubbish at remembering the slide names. We did the two single tube slides and pretty much walked straight on them then headed to the family raft ride we queued a good 15minutes for this and it was rubbish all unimpressed we carried on working our way clockwise. Next was the drop speed slides this is one where by the time you hit the bottom you've lost your cossie in places it isn't lady like to extract it from. Storm slides were next and we were soon down them and walking to crush n gusher, we walked past the other family raft ride and the queue was huge so we left it for later. We went pineapple on crush and loved it. Next up was a few times round the lazy river the missing 3 spotted us on there and we all headed back to the beach for a ten minute rest while the kids played in the waves.

I them went back on everything except the lame tube slides with the kids and 2 of the others we did the family raft ride and all loved it, we did banana on crush which felt longer than pineapple. It was now 2.15pm and we were all starting to feel hungry. By 3pm we were heading out Roo grabbed a quick meet with Lilo which was lovely she was kissing him and doing a heart sign and Riley was getting really embarrassed.

We headed back via Publix and all grabbed chicken tender sandwiches or wraps as well as topping up on beer and water aka the essentials. In Publix we started to realise we had really caught the sun at the water park DH tends to burn and despite wearing ultra sun and topping up while there with spray he is still a very pink shade. Everyone's face is pink and their are a few more red shoulders. The weather had been lovely all day though and really hot.

We sat round the Avanti pool to eat our sandwiches and just chilled chatting under umbrellas as we were all sunned our for one day. The clouds gathered so at 5 we headed back for a couple of hours chill in our rooms. I started writing this report, DH and Roo watched TV and it hammered it down with rain for half an hour or so.

We left for Bahama Breeze at 7pm and there was quite a queue inside but as we'd booked a table we were seated straight away. They had some Rum drink offers on for a couple of days a Cuba libra was $2 a Bahama Mama was $3 and a pain killer was $4 so the drinks started flowing. The first Cuba Libra the men said was lovely the second was very strong then the third was okay. I stuck with the Bahama Mama and they were all lovey. Food I went for the mahi and shrimp lemongrass bowl It was really good and full of fish now we had eaten here in the past so knew the portion size was going to be huge. The other moms ordered the large portion of a paella and a shrimp linguini to share with their daughters. DH had a full portion of Jerk chicken pasta but couldn't finish it and Roo went for the burger sliders he was getting very tired but actually cleared his plate and said it was really good. There were desserts for the kids and DH had the banana bread cake it was amazing we all had a little try as it was huge. The bill came and felt really cheap at $200 for the 9 of us given how much we had drank.

The kids were desperate to hit Senor Frogs the adults not so much we went in and had a beer each, the kids had a balloon hat made Riley had Spiderman the girls a unicorn hat each all were fab and we tipped her a few dollars each. Senor frogs was quite tame to how we've seen it previously, we finished our Beer it was now 10pm and we decided to grab one more drink in what we think is a new a bar by the Avanti called Bar Louie we walked in and it was really quiet and the server explained it was happy hour any beer $3.50 any glass of wine was $4.50 and any Martini was $5.50. Even the prosecco was $4.50. The others all had a nice glass of red and I went with a pineapple martini. The kids really were all flagging now so by 10.30 we headed back to bed.

Tomorrow is Epcot I'm just hoping my head isn't sore in the morning!

feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by feelingnuts - 15 Aug 18 1:15 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 15 Aug 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like you had another great day. Thanks for posting👍
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great day.some of those drop slides make me feel like I have had a colonic irrigation 😩😩
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Love the water parks👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day, we haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon for a long time so might have to go on our next trip.
Old 17 Aug 18, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Another good day, we haven't been to Typhoon Lagoon for a long time so might have to go on our next trip.
We all really enjoyed it and found it fairly relaxing if it’s included in your tickets I would definitely go.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

You got loads done at Typhoon Lagoon. Bahama Breeze sounds nice, we’ve never been there.