Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Aug 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wikkle jan View Post
Thanks for the update...

BUT...….

WHO...

ARE...…..

YOU Really... ?
Yes please do tell
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wikkle jan View Post
Thanks for the update...

BUT...….

WHO...

ARE...…..

YOU Really... ?
Other than some 1980s Adam Ant fan that is !

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Dandyhighwayman View Post
Sorry everyone, it has been a packed week, and I have only just figured out the strange WiFi at the villa.

So, as planned, we had a 4am up. We got showered etc and got the lads (for they are actually both boys) up. They got ready and we assembled in the living room. Cued up America by Neil Diamond and gave them envelopes with their dollars And boarding passes in them. There was a full sixty seconds of confusion. The reaction was not one of unbridled joy, but stunned disbelief, and a bit of wariness that this was not just some cruel joke we were playing on them. All the way to the airport, through security and into departures, the general sentiment was “I can’t get my head around this”. We had a good flight, with my viewing of the death of Stalin punctuated with questions about the villa , fast passes etc.
Long story short, we have had a great week so far, with a day in each Disney Park. By far the best day was Wednesday in AK and FOP Was just incredible. By far the most disappointing yesterday was observing the slow horrible death of future World. I have one more surprise for them which I will be revealing over Lunch at Sanaa today. We are staying at HRH on Monday night to get the two days of express passes. After that it is their show and they are busy planning the second half of the holiday with trips To ksc and Busch etc

For anyone about to come out, it is hot hot hot (no surprise) but we have found the crowds lighter than feared and mercifully free of South American tourist groups. And slinky dog is enormous fun.

In summary, a satisfying reaction to the surprise, if not one of complete joy. Worth doing, but I am glad I didn’t leave it to the airport, so thanks for your input. I am not my sure that they will ever trust us again, and most of our families have said that we are scaringly convincing liars...

Now, back to the pool before we head out to Sanaa, and my bread service...
I was interested specifically in two of your comments:

1) I found it very hot - My DS13 who had never been before struggled. I don't remember it being that hot on previous visits but I hadn't been for over a decade so my memory may have been playing tricks.

2) Crowd levels. I was very surprised as to how quiet it was. With various exceptions the rides were very quiet. For example we went into Epcot at 5pm one night and soaring was only a 10 minute wait. So we went for it!

Glad you are having a good time and found your post interesting.
Old 6 Aug 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Oh yes I can't wait for the REAL reveal.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

My boys reacted with stunned disbelief at Christmas when we surprised them with a winter break away. They were happy though.

Glad you are having a good time!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dandyhighwayman View Post
For anyone about to come out, it is hot hot hot (no surprise) but we have found the crowds lighter than feared and mercifully free of South American tourist groups. And slinky dog is enormous fun.
It was mighty hot for us at the beginning of July and also noticed how short the queues were.
Unfortunately for us we had the masses of South American tourist groups!
12 days after Toy Story Land opened and we arrived and the longest queue was 60 mins for Slinky, which as you say and wholeheartedly agree is enormous fun.

But please please tell us your real user name

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It appears the answer is YES.

Mr Dandyhighwayman can definitely keep a secret...

Certainly can keep his real dibb name secret !
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dandyhighwayman
Earning More Ears

Well, I'm home.

Had a blast. My mini-trippie is linked below

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1095865

There are enough clues in there for those dibbers who know me in the real world to figure out who I am. I have quite enjoyed being Dandyhighwayman, and think, on balance that I prefer my new handle. If my real world friends want to out me then that is up to them.

Thanks for coming with me on this little adventure and for being the only people in the world I could vent my secret to without fear of the surpise being ruined.

Tinkety tonk and Down with the Nazis.

Dandyhighwayman out.
Dandyhighwayman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Nice. Are you going to tell your barber? If so, before or after he takes something sharp to your head?

Or, are you going to bone-up on your false holiday and tell him you had a great time ?
Old 21 Aug 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Dandyhighwayman
Earning More Ears

I am working now on the basis that if people ask I tell. Generally, the location of my spent holiday is not their main waking thought (selfish people!), but so far the reaction when I have revealed the deception is one of wonder and surprise rather than annoyance at having been misled. Anyone with a heart can see why I did it...

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Nice. Are you going to tell your barber? If so, before or after he takes something sharp to your head?

Or, are you going to bone-up on your false holiday and tell him you had a great time ?
Dandyhighwayman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List