Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Aug 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mermazing View Post
Hi, we have booked car hire through Thomas cook, we have the Alamo gold insurance but i’m unsure what we need to do when we get to the airport.

I hear people talking about skipping the counter etc which is making me think I’m missing something as my paperwork doesn’t seem to give me any directions on how to collect the car.

Also do we need to supply credit/debit card details with this type of insurance and do we need to supply names of drivers in advance before we travel?

Thanks for your help!
1. Open the Alamo.com web page and select on-line check in.

2. Enter you first name, last name and your Thomas Cook booking number (top of your conformation emails) and click Check in.

3.You should now be on a page with all of your details, what car you've booked, insurance type, dates to pick up and return etc. I can't remember if you have to enter any further info at this stage, I think there are options for extras though, just decline these (unless you want them). Once everything is done on that page then confirm check in and come out of the page. You should now receive an email confirming you've checked in.

4. Open the web page bing and in the search bar type in ALAMO SKIP THE COUNTER and open the first link at the top of the page. This should open the Alamo page with all of your details at the skip the counter section of the booking. Enter all of the details it asks for (licence, credit card etc) and check the charge is reading £0.00. Once this is complete then you should press complete/confirm and you should be offered the chance to print your skip the counter ticket with a barcode at the top of the page. Once you have this then all you have to do once at the airport is go directly to the garage and the attendant will point you to your row of cars. Choose your car and drive to the gate, show your bar code and credit card you entered into the website and you're done.

When you open the page in Bing.com if it doesn't work first time or says you can't skip the counter then just come out of it and try again, eventually it should keep you on the page and allow you to enter your details.

Good Luck!

PS. If you don't have a printer it should send an email to your phone with the bar code on anyway, just make sure you have the bar code and credit card you entered in the details.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ldaffe
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Yes, we fly into MCO, land at 11.55pm on 4th April. Have booked a Mustang from 1am on he 5th!

Forgive me Mick, but what’s OLCI?
Ldaffe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ldaffe View Post
Yes, we fly into MCO, land at 11.55pm on 4th April. Have booked a Mustang from 1am on he 5th!

Forgive me Mick, but what’s OLCI?

Basically OLCI (on line check in) and STC (skip the counter) are the same thing and all you need at the end is a bar code at the top of a piece of paper that you show at the barrier. As I suggested earlier Andy has loads of recommendations on here (we've booked twice in the last 6 months) and he regularly comes on here and helps people even if they haven't booked with him.

Or you could try using the form that I linked in my post #4

Mick

Edited at 07:57 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mermazing
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thank you everyone that really explains things for me. It seems like we are good to go in terms of insurance too.
Mermazing is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List