Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jan 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Getting the best out of Epcot in one day- help needed to plan.

Hi All
So this year is a no park holiday, staying at Omni resort in Championsgate. However, we have decided to have a sprinkling of Disney( would be silly not to) and go to Epcot. We visited this park once years ago at the end of a 14 day back to back of theme parks and gave up as Dd Was ill, so never done it properly. We were parked out!

Anyway, I have booked one night at the Beach Club( advice on here- thanks)so we can check in early and head to the park and also have somewhere to go back to in the afternoon if the heat is too much amd we need a good rest or swim at storm along bay. I've booked a Tuesday in August with evening EMH, so 9am - 11pm.
So, my question is: How do we get the best out of Epcot in one day?
Which fastpasses should I try to get ?
Is there a preferred way to do the park?

For the evening fireworks, I would like to book a restaurant. Which one? What Time would be best for an adr to view the fireworks?
Anything else you would or would not do?

Sorry for all the questions.
Also, it will be me, hubby and DD16.
Thank you

Edited at 07:35 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There is a one day touring plan for Epcot in touringplans.com I’d look at that. But you want to rope drop Soarin or Test Track and FP the other, Spaceship Earth and is you’ve got the stomach Mission Space. Then fingers crossed for a fourth FP for Frozen. Future World first then Worldshowcase.
Old 14 Jan 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Thank you I will take a look

Is Mission space that bad ?
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Thank you I will take a look

Is Mission space that bad ?
I can’t say from personal experience as I’m too claustrophobic to entertain it. It has a green and orange side. The orange side spins and they provide sick bags to give you an idea...
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I can’t say from personal experience as I’m too claustrophobic to entertain it. It has a green and orange side. The orange side spins and they provide sick bags to give you an idea...
not sure I will get hubby on that. Maybe I won't tell him
Old 15 Jan 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Mission Space was awful! My 10 year dragged me on it, despite me trying to talk him out of it. It has sick bags. It took me 20 minutes to feel comfortable moving my head! Very clever though.

We are in Via Napoli at 730 the night we watched the fireworks, which start at 9. Italy was a pretty good spot to watch them but apparently France and UK are better. Our favourite restaurant in Epcot was Teppan Edo though.

Test track and Soarin are brilliant. The boat ride in Mexico was great fun.
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Get there for rope drop is my best tip. We did Frozen in about 15mins and didn't run like some. Personally I would get FP for test track as that is always the busiest. Rope drop Frozen and then scooch around to Soarin'. You will have some wait for Soarin' but lines have been better since the introduction of the 3rd cinema. Then do the others as and when and use you FP's. Spaceship earth is always quiet in the afternoon as is Nemo once the World Showcase has opened.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I think it has been on here about deaths on Mission Space.

As for tips - do not go in the shops at the end of rides - that will save so much time
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I read today to get there early, get fast passes for test track and/or soaring, do as many of the major rides as you can between opening and 11am when the World showcase opens (most guests will still be at the main part, so showcase will be quiet), head straight over there. Do the showcase then head back to the main part of Epcot early afternoon, by this time most guests will have wondered over to the showcase so should be quiet
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I am a ride wimp and do the green version of Mission Space and enjoy it. It is a very mild ride if you opt for the easy version (you don't get the feeling of being weightless though).

My kids have all done orange without a problem-they like coasters, simulators and love Mission Space.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List