Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Mar 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ive just re read your report as we now have a budget week planned for September. I love the idea of getting water instead of fountain drinks. Well probably bring one of those squirty squash things though. We actually found ourselves looking for the non-fizzy option while on DDP so it makes sense to get water while paying OOP. I think well also so some pizza sharing at Blaze since you can have different halves.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Im sure you will notice the difference drinking water rather than fizzy drinks. Also eating when youre hungry rather than trying to use up credits.
Ive decided to do this despite having QSDP next visit. Will just have to convert the spare credits to Ghiradellis to bring home
Old 19 Mar 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rosiebun3 View Post
Im sure you will notice the difference drinking water rather than fizzy drinks. Also eating when youre hungry rather than trying to use up credits.
Ive decided to do this despite having QSDP next visit. Will just have to convert the spare credits to Ghiradellis to bring home
Itll be weird for us not having every meal planned!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Great report. My husband and I always share meals at theme parks (though we would likely do dinner off site at Disney). Sometimes we might eat a late breakfast and an early dinner to avoid eating at the park at all.

Drinking tap water definitely helps the budget. I also prefer snacks over desserts.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Absolutely agree on snacks over desserts. When the desserts were included in the meal credit I didnt like any of their desserts, with the exception of the cobbler at Columbia Harbour house.
Cant imagine how much was wasted
Old 18 Apr 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'd have never believed this was possible, well done!

Great to see you enjoyed a variety of meals as well, I'm always glad to see people showing the doubters that QS is not just junk food.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Fantastic report, shows you really can keep the costs down if you want to.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - 168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant report! We arent foodies, and can only really handle one meal out a day, and feel so much better no stuffing ourselves silly! We also happen to go to Orlando quite often, so the fact that we can keep costs down is great, we love sharing things like the cinnamon bun, or the gig pink doughnuts, then i feel that we get to taste these wonderful things, but not end up feeling ill as weve eaten too much!
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
Brilliant report! We arent foodies, and can only really handle one meal out a day, and feel so much better no stuffing ourselves silly! We also happen to go to Orlando quite often, so the fact that we can keep costs down is great, we love sharing things like the cinnamon bun, or the gig pink doughnuts, then i feel that we get to taste these wonderful things, but not end up feeling ill as weve eaten too much!
Giant pink doughnuts at Universal, had all but forgotten about those - delicious and enough for the family to share

Great report

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Thank you so much for a very inspiring report! You seem to have made fantastic choices for a brilliant price
belfastbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List