Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jan 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Which Park did you do you prefer

What’s your favourite park & why? Universal or Walt Disney?

Trying to decide 1 Park or them both? Like to do seaworld but not worried about bush gardens etc.

Would like to do volcanic bay which is universal but my boys haven’t watched Harry Potter, transformers etc but like Jurassic Park.

Rollercoasters etc won’t really be happening
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Universal and islands of Adventure are our absolute favourite! I do not have a clue about Harry Potter but it’s fantastic a,
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The trouble is, both have very good reasons to visit so it's an impossible choice, universal has so many good rides but then so does Disney and in my opinion FOP is reason enough to go on holiday, it's a dilemma
Old 1 Jan 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We prefer the Universal parks to Disney.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I prefer Disney. Universal has too many rides that simply don't interest me - particularly simulators, which always make me ill. And the theming (outside of Harry Potter) is well behind the standard of Disney, IMO. Disney also feels like a complete destination within itself, I could spend weeks there and not need to leave the property.

But if you can afford the tickets for both, you can easily do both in a typical two week holiday as Universal only really needs a few days - especially if not doing rides.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

two very different experiences in my opinion, I prefer the rides at universal, harry potter etc looks amazing also. But as a full park experience disney wins. I'm not sure if that will make sense haha.

not too many rollercoasters at universal to be honest, I think there might be more in magic kingdom.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We prefer Universal Parks
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
It’s a difficult one really because as another poster has said, they offer completely different experiences! For me I absolutely love Disney, the atmosphere, the smells, the nostalgic rides, just incredible and so many different experiences!

But I also really love Universal, so many amazing rides, Forbidden Journey, The Mummy, The Hulk, just to name a few! However I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and this is the biggest attraction of Universal for me, the rides, the sights, the smells, the atmosphere in the HP areas of the parks is just incredible! If Universal didn’t have the HP areas and I had to choose one set of parks, then I’d choose Disney!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I personally prefer Disney. If you’re not a Potter or coaster fan then Disney would be the better choice. Maybe also Legoland if you have young children.
Old 1 Jan 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
We prefer universal, I love parts of the Disney parks, like world showcase at Epcot, tower of terror, my favourite ride & I do like animal kingdom but Disney isn't the main pull for us & certainly not enough to justify the cost of tickets plus dh & my youngest are not fussed at all about Disney, we are just not bothered about a lot of it where as universal we make a lot of use out of the tickets as we love the rides as well as the theming

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List