Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Mar 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kt77
A Guest at All-Stars

A few questions on Disney HK

Do they let you do child swop like the other parks ?
Is Mystic Manor suitable for a brave 4 yr old ?
Any tips on eating at the park, any must snacks ?
Any must souvenir ?
TIA
kt77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went to HK Disney in December, two active OAPs so don’t know about child swap but Mystic Manor should be fine. There are some darkish rooms but not scary and very well done. Food sise there is choice of chinese type food or even a hot dog cart. Restaurants have pictures outside of the food so you can look and see if you fancy it. Souvenirrs were the usual Disney stuff and se did have to look quite hard to find HK specific items. A great day though and if you go by train to Sunny Bay station the trains have Mickey shaped windows and lots of Disney touches. We found it reminded us of Disneyworld before it got too big and crowded so have a great time.
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tigervon
New Poster (3)

Mystic Manor is dark, but very cartoonish and amazing to experience. Each child is different, but think more along the lines of Winnie the Pooh than Haunted Mansion and you should get a good idea.

You're in Hong Kong so you've got to try the Disney themed dim sum! You can go expensive with a meal at the Crystal Lotus in the HK Disneyland Hotel, but I also found it in the Royal Banquet Hall in Fantasyland.
tigervon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Sorry, no idea about the child swap.

Mystic Manor should be fine, it is, as others have said, very cartoony - we loved it! It has trackless technology and is a very smooth ride, with two slightly different tracks (different sides of each room you travel through) so is worth doing more than once.

As far as food goes, one thing we really loved was this (and it is going to sound so weird!) - in the Main Street Bakery, they sell something called Warm Cheese Submarines. These are basically a brown bread sub roll, filled with cheesy mashed potato and topped with more cheese. It sounds really heavy, but they weren't, they were absolutely gorgeous! They also have brioche ring rolls in there, topped with milk or white chocolate, that are also lovely, very light and soft in texture.

My absolute favourite thing there was also from the Bakery, and was called a citrus honey iced drink. This was the most amazing thing I've ever put in my mouth - the citrus part is Yuzu, which is a citrus fruit (normally only found in Japan) that tastes of a mixture of grapefruit, mandarin and lemon, and is soft and delicate in flavour. The honey settles at the bottom of the drink so swirl it around a bit, and it gives a delicate sweetness overall. Yum.
Old 23 Jul 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
r.mac
Excited about Disney

We are headed to Disney in Hong Kong in October - can I ask what the prices onsite are link? I'm thinking of a couple of nights there and wondered if its very costly?

To clarify - I’m thinking food, snacks etc 👍🏻

Edited at 06:43 AM.
r.mac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by r.mac View Post
We are headed to Disney in Hong Kong in October - can I ask what the prices onsite are link? I'm thinking of a couple of nights there and wondered if its very costly?

To clarify - I’m thinking food, snacks etc 👍🏻
They seem to run a lot of promotions throughout the year. Keep an eye on the website to see what sort of things they do. We found prices quite good certainly cheaper that Florida nowadays!

Second main street bakery. I also enjoyed the honey drink. seemed to be a good choice of food only thing we found was that quite a lot of restaurants were closed, I suppose it depends on when you go. It was very quiet when we were there, rides etc pretty much a walk on.

I loved Mystic Manor, far more fun that the haunted house. I think a four year old would be fine.

Have a great visit

Edited at 08:53 PM.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List