Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Mar 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m starving so reading this while dinner is cooking isn’t helping but it’s a great report
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Well that's an impressive first full food day! Good start with the breakfast at Chef Mickeys - it all looked very nice.

Hollywood and Vine sounds like the kind of place we would like, some nice looking choices there. I'm storing all of these thoughts away for future use

I've heard good reports of Olivias before, what a shame you weren't really up for a full meal. The sandwich looks lovely, I think I would have preferred that as well.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s funny you say that about character meals as I’ve gotten to that stage too. I actually suggested to Marie we don’t bother next year (definitely none this year as paying OOP!).

We’re also fans of H&V but haven’t been since it became Minnie’s seasonal thingy. We thought about it next year for the Fantasmic! package again.

We also think Olivia’s is a hidden gem! We went last year even though we were staying at POR. It wasn’t as good as we’d had previously though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

H&V seasonal dine looks so good, nice to read a positive report about it as I love the costumes and the chance to get good Fantasmic seats.
Really interesting to find out more about resort options too.

(The diet has only just started, why aren't I thin yet?! )
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hmm, Chef Mickey looks good, I'm really tempted by it. I wanted to eat here this year, but was overruled! I said to DD that she could choose between Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey. She chose CP, she adores the pooh characters so I shouldn't have been surprised. But I had wanted to try out Chef Mickey as we've eaten at CP before. I might have to try to get her to reconsider. The problem I will have is she can't meet piglet anywhere other than CP and she has made Minnie ears with 1 ear based on pooh and 1 ear based on piglet...so not sure I will win her over.

A fab first full day. Loving your report and it looks like everyone else is too!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Excellent start so far. Thank you for all the details.

I'm following along as it will be interesting to see if all the meals included you find worth it with the added time it takes to eat more TS and also the cost in tips they would be my concerns.

The food as always looks lush so will mostly be following for that

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

This is making me feel so hungry, I love seeing the food reports so much
Thanks for sharing
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm really enjoying reading about all your meals. We loved Chef Mickey too even though it doesn't always get great reviews.

We didn't do Olivias on our last trip as we weren't staying at OKW but I think it will be a must for next time as we all really missed it.

On our last trip we did Hollywood and Vine for breakfast and weren't keen but your lunch looks delicious so I'm thinking that might make it on to the list for next time too.

I'm sure by the time we can finally get back I'll have about 3 times too many restaurants on the list!

Looking forward to reading more.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Wow, that's a lot of food and characters for one day. I do like a club sandwich and the freshly carved turkey sounds delicious!

Did you count up how many desserts ended up in the fridge and not being eaten? I'm also guessing that you had quite a few snack credits left at the end of the holiday as I don't think you've used any yet?

Looking forward to the next update

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Stupidly excited about this report. Loving it so far and can't wait for more.

You did seem to be falling a little bit behind on eating all the food at the start as can be expected when you first arrive (a huge shock to the system compared to normal everyday eating).

Hope you managed to get over the jet lag, stretch your bellies and catch up soon. Un-eaten desserts?! Nooooo lol I have a huge sweet tooth so that's pretty much blasphemy to me

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List