Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Jun 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Travel day looks fab, the rest of the family are very excited about deluxe burger

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Great report. Looking forward to reading more
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Following 😋
Old 8 Jun 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Day 1

Day 1:

Chef Mickey’s, Disney’s Contemporary Resort

For our first sit down meal, we wanted to go somewhere Aiden could meet his favorite character Mickey Mouse. At Chef Mickey’s you get to dine with the fab five so it’s always busy there. We booked brunch as we had a good experience here last time. We were 10 minutes early for our ADR so have the obligatory photo at the entrance.

We were seated on time and all the characters came around straight away. We were starving but didn’t want to leave the table in case we missed anyone. Aiden was a delight to watch with them all, he didn’t cry once and just seemed to stare at them all in shock. Here’s a picture of him with Mickey, see I wasn’t joking about the staring bit.

Eventually, after all the characters had come around, we were able to take it in turns hitting the buffet. I was so hungry I forgot to take any pictures! But the selection and choice of food had reduced a lot from our previous visit in 2016. You still had the standard scrambled egg, sausage and bacon for breakfast which is the same pretty much everywhere on property. The lunch aspect was a bit of a let down as the ribs were no longer available, which was the main reason John wanted to return. There was still a carved meat choice but the lunch options overall just felt that they were lacking.

We paid one table service credit each, but if paying out of pocket it would have cost $89.46 before tip. I personally don’t think it was worth anywhere near that. It was a nice experience but we had better character dining experiences later on in the trip. We also only saw our server once the whole time we were in the restaurant, and she got our bill wrong twice as she was focusing more on the larger tables.

Epcot Flower and Garden Festival:

Northern Bloom:

Here we used a snack credit to share the “beef tenderloin tips, mushroom bordelaise sauce, whipped potatoes with garden vegetables”

We both really enjoyed this even though it was a bit dry as we couldn’t have the sauce due to John's dairy intolerance. The portion size was smaller than we expected and we could have easily eaten one each. If paying cash this would have been $6.75 so it was good use of a snack credit.

The Smokehouse: Barbeque and brews:
We used another two snack credits here but learning from our experience at Northern Bloom we both got our own dishes.

John’s choice was the “Pulled pork slider with coleslaw”, $6.75

John had to have his minus the coleslaw but he said it was really nice. It was very greasy though so he didn’t finish it all.

I had the “Beef brisket burnt ends hash with white cheddar fondue and pickled jalapenos” $6.50

This is something I wouldn’t usually pick to eat but I was glad I tried it. I really enjoyed the brisket but I found the fondue had too much of a kick for my liking.

Artist Palette, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort

In the evening back on the hotel, we were feeling a bit peckish, so decided to share a QS meal. We ordered, “Breaded chicken nuggets served with Saratoga Chips” and swapped our drink for a white chocolate chunk cookie.

I love Disney’s chicken nuggets and these didn’t disappoint. We got 10 nuggets though so I’m glad we shared as I couldn’t eat that many on my own. I don’t like the Saratoga Chips, so I left them for John to eat.

Last year John went through loads of these cookies while we were on holiday, so he was really looking forward to his dessert. Unfortunately, John said the cookie wasn’t as good as he remembered, so this was the only one he had this year.
Old 8 Jun 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

All looks yum!
We’re off in October an our baby will b 6 months at that time also, was urs in high chairs or did u take ur buggy in all the restaurants? Was there anything u couldn’t of done with out for baby?
I’m writing a list of must haves! 😂.
Old 8 Jun 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tangled88
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Thing1thing2 View Post
All looks yum!
We’re off in October an our baby will b 6 months at that time also, was urs in high chairs or did u take ur buggy in all the restaurants? Was there anything u couldn’t of done with out for baby?
I’m writing a list of must haves! 😂.
He was in his pushchair for all our meals, we didn't have any problems with us taking it in once we explained his age.

We found taking a selection of toys useful in case Aiden was awake during our meals. It kept him occupied and he was happy to stay in his pushchair then.

The best tip I have is to take a cold water sterilizer. The water stays sterilized for 24 hours so it was so handy to use throughout the day. Only took 15 minutes to sterilize as well.
For Aiden's bottles we used nursery water which was $1 per gallon, during the two weeks we used 5 bottles of the water.

Hope this helps x
Old 10 Jun 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you, good to no there’s no problem taking the buggy in for them to eat in. We did that here in a restaurant the other week an they were being abit awkward, wouldn’t mind but at the time the place was basically empty 😳. Orlando is much more kid friendly.
Il look into a cold water steriliser then, I may still b breast feeding but he will need water aswell in the heat.
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Enjoying so far and looking forward to more
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just found your food report. Looking forward to hearing what you thought of Turf Club as I am considering trying there in November.

I am always in awe of anybody who takes a baby on holiday, it was as much as I could do to get out of the house for the first year of my son's life lol. Looking forward to reading more of your food adventures.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List