Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 May 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

Tampa Bay Lightning

Hi all.

I'm in Orlando late September - early October this year and as a supporter of a hockey team in the UK I'd love to take in an NHL game whilst in the US. I don't particularly support any so I'm not overly concerned who. Obviously Tampa Bay Lightning seems closest and I'm contemplating doubling up by spending the day in Busch Gardens and then heading to the game assuming that's not too exhausting?

Anyway I'm just looking for a bit of guidance on how easy it is to get tickets, when and where it's best to get them from, what sort of prices people have paid before, experiences of getting to the rink, where to sit etc.

Given the time we're there it seems we'd likely catch preseason or the start of the season? I gather the schedule is normally released in June?

Thanks for any help as always.
PEAB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been to Lighting several times over the past few years. For details/schedule/tickets etc just go to their web site. Ticketmaster is the official agent - link to it from Lightning's site. Avoid unofficial sites. Price varies according to where you sit. Venue tickets are available - don't need to pay resale mark-ups. Don't need to book months in advance - a couple of days is enough. Plenty of parking around the Arena. I found the garage opposite the Aquarium quite convenient - it is an easy escape afterwards through Ybor City to the I-4, avoiding traffic nearer the Arena (and the Salmon Expressway toll road). Yes, I go for the day and do other things too beforehand.
Orlando Solar Bears at the Amway Center is a much cheaper (and nearer) alternative, but in a minor league - saw one of their play-offs two weeks ago.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

ianc has pretty much nailed it. I've done the Lightning games too and never had a problem getting a ticket.

Keep an eye out for food / drink offers with the tickets. They used to have some good value family tickets.

Only issue you might have is start of season tickets, they will be in demand, you might have to sit higher.
Old 13 May 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

If your a true hockey fan you will know there is only one team worthy of support - the maple leafs.

Now if they are playing at Tampa then by all means go there but if they aren't then the solar bears are a maple leaf affiliate feeder team so you can often awesome well known leafs getting a run out after a long injury or finishing off their career down in the sunshine state
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

It’s a great night out and we’ve been lots of times 😊 we stay in that general area anyway but if you don’t it could be a late night drive back to Orlando.
There are sites that let you see the seat view you get with your chosen ticket so best play with that. I have to admit, as we don’t buy Disney park tickets, I do like to pay for lower good seats at the hockey games 😉🤫
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

Very helpful answers so far. Thanks all.

Good to know I don't have to bust a gut to buy the tickets. I figured it would very likely be a late night and late drive back to Orlando but we're happy to do that. We'll make the next day a slow start. This would be my first NHL game and I don't anticipate being able to make it back to the US for some time so I'm very keen to make it happen whoever we see. I literally have no preference other than I liked the design of the Predators jerseys years ago and liked Weber (I realise he has now moved from Nashville). Otherwise I'm used to watching second tier UK hockey so I think anything will be a bonus!

How much are tickets likely to be? Ticketmaster is showing a minimum of $80 to sit up in the gods though i appreciate we're in the playoffs. Would this be the same for a regular season. And then would preseason be significantly cheaper?
PEAB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

depending on the night of the week and who Lightning are playing I've seen tickets from $50 upwards. I'll log into my stubhub account and see what I've paid.
Prices can be crazy - especially when season ticket holders sell their tickets. Last year people seen to have been particulalry greedy.

But, I've also bought tickets at great prices the day before when we said hell, why not, we'll fit another game in. Definitely a fab atmosphere and ensure you get there for the whole thing - seeing the US flag go round the crowd during the singing of The Star-Spangled Banner is quite awesome too.
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PEAB
Proud to wear my Ears

Excellent. Obviously happy to pay out to an extent but not really willing to blow several hundred dollars per person just to lick the plexi. Thanks for the information. This definitely seems doable.
Old 18 May 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lossieglen
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If your a true hockey fan you will know there is only one team worthy of support - the maple leafs.
Go Oilers.

Tampa still going strong this year; if they come out on top that may impact upon tickets for next season. I just love the ice hockey; I do struggle to keep an eye on the puck at times as the game can be very fast.
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mattscold
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You mean the serial under achievers?
mattscold is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List