Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Aug 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

ive never tried mapmyrun .. is it just the same kind of thing ?

Lisa x
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It does the same thing really. I have Strava taking out my stops but MMW doing the whole session. I started off with MMW so feel I like it better. I have friends on Strava so go public with that one.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Here's proof mapmyrun can go screwy too.
This is my first km this morning.
Let's just say my normal km is double this!

I know I ran 5km as its my normal route, but my route didn't look anything like this! The green dot ,(start) should be where the red dot is! My front door!
I think mapmyrun might have lost it's way a bit 😉

This was week 7 run 1
I walked for 5, ran for 25, fed the fish at my preschool with 5 minute cool down then, then jeffed (walk/jogged) my way home 😊 (where the red dot is, NOT the green dot! I can't leap over houses, no matter what mapmyrun says)

Edited at 04:25 PM.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I did the run that killed me half way through my C25K. I decided I'd start half way down the big hill and go to the end. I thought it would be flatter the second part. Nope. It was downhill all the way and so uphill all the way back. I got myself into a decent (ever so slow) pace and could have gone further.
It was very quiet along the cycle path, I was on one bit and it was very straight. Must have been over a hundred metres. I put my head down so I wouldn't have to see how far ahead it was. All of a sudden I was aware of a cyclist pelting down the cycle path straight at me. I barely had time to notice him before he shouted at me 'get on your side' or words to that effect. My shouted reply was 'Highway Code'

Whenever I go walking or running, I follow the highway code's instructions where there's no separate pavement to walk on the right. That means that you don't get startled by being overtaken and, normally, you'll see the faster vehicle approaching. So bearing in mind, he must have seen me for a good few seconds, he could see I hadn't noticed him, he could see I was going slowly, in a straight line, at the very edge of the usable footpath, and he didn't tinkle his bell to let me know he was coming, why on earth did he think he didn't need to go leisurely around me with plenty of room. And when I didn't move, instead of using the other 2.5m of perfectly empty cycle track, why did he go off track on the narrow bit of dirt? He's lucky I didn't go that way.

I think the adrenaline from me shouting back at him fuelled me on to do my second best Strava 5km time

Edited at 07:43 AM.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Oaft... week one, run one just about killed me today! Tell me it gets easier?
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
It really does! I done week 6 run 2 today and no longer keep thinking I won't be able to do the next one.
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

Finished the program once, had a foot injury so unable to do much started again and now starting week 4 tomorrow
11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Yep, it does - and you will be so amazed how far you will come on and how quickly 😊
I was discussing with a mate how amazing it is when you suddenly realise you're not coughing up a lung anymore!

Simker - well done 😁

Edited at 09:30 PM.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes.
I went out and did my run on Saturday morning. An old bloke asked to join me as I was on the downhill return section. I asked him if he could run as slow as me .
We had a nice chat for about a mile. I told him I'd not long graduated after never running in my 50 years. I was also amazed that I could actually chat with him as I ran. I don't think I could do it on the uphill bit. I managed my best ever two miles.
Old 28 Aug 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Good to hear. Thanks

Legs are killing me today. Clearly I still need to stretch even after that pathetic excuse for a run yesterday... oops!
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List