Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Jun 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SJB07
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

We're booked to stay from the 6th of September, I just read on another forum that someone who is booked from the 16th of September has been contacted and told they need to rearrange.

So I assume the hotel is now behind schedule, anyone heard anything?
SJB07 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by SJB07 View Post
We're booked to stay from the 6th of September, I just read on another forum that someone who is booked from the 16th of September has been contacted and told they need to rearrange.

So I assume the hotel is now behind schedule, anyone heard anything?
Do you mean August? We’re due to stay from the 18th of August but haven’t heard anything to say there’s a delay. I spoke to the hotel directly about a week ago and they assured me all was on track. I’ve just emailed them again. Could do without the stress really!
Disneylife4me is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SJB07

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneylife4me View Post
Do you mean August? We’re due to stay from the 18th of August but haven’t heard anything to say there’s a delay. I spoke to the hotel directly about a week ago and they assured me all was on track. I’ve just emailed them again. Could do without the stress really!
Hi, no they say they their stay starting the 16th of September is being rearranged.

Unfortunately they have not provided any more info.

I wonder if they may potentially be opening without all the floors being completed, in which case perhaps some people who booked last or through travel agents would be moved elsewhere before some that have been booked direct with Universal?
SJB07 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi, no they say they their stay starting the 16th of September is being rearranged.

Unfortunately they have not provided any more info.

I wonder if they may potentially be opening without all the floors being completed, in which case perhaps some people who booked last or through travel agents would be moved elsewhere before some that have been booked direct with Universal?
Ok. Thank you. I’ve booked through TUI and just called them. They have absolutely no record of any delays thus far. Problem is-we’re a family of 6, needing 2 rooms-I don’t want to potentially get to a couple of weeks beifre departure before being advised of an issue-possibly rendering it too late to get any decent availability anywhere. 😔😔
Disneylife4me is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SJB07

Mobile

Ok. Thank you. I’ve booked through TUI and just called them. They have absolutely no record of any delays thus far. Problem is-we’re a family of 6, needing 2 rooms-I don’t want to potentially get to a couple of weeks beifre departure before being advised of an issue-possibly rendering it too late to get any decent availability anywhere. 😔😔
Yeah we're the same, family of 6 with 2 rooms, I'm hoping if there's any issues they will offer us rooms at one of the other Universal hotels, coz Hotel prices go through the roof for late notice bookings.
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Yeah we're the same, family of 6 with 2 rooms, I'm hoping if there's any issues they will offer us rooms at one of the other Universal hotels, coz Hotel prices go through the roof for late notice bookings.
We alternate Disney and universal annually. We look forward to/plan/book these just shy of 2 years in advance. I’m concerned I may be fobbed off by TUI in the interim and then only when it’s too late, be offered alternative accommodation. Without wishing to sound pretentious, I won’t be accepting a hotel that isn’t on universal property. If that’s what I’d wanted-thats what I’d have booked.
We’ve not stayed off property for over a decade.
Luckily I’m not in work tomorrow so I’ll be on this tomorrow and try to get something sorted. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SJB07

Mobile

We alternate Disney and universal annually. We look forward to/plan/book these just shy of 2 years in advance. I’m concerned I may be fobbed off by TUI in the interim and then only when it’s too late, be offered alternative accommodation. Without wishing to sound pretentious, I won’t be accepting a hotel that isn’t on universal property. If that’s what I’d wanted-thats what I’d have booked.
We’ve not stayed off property for over a decade.
Luckily I’m not in work tomorrow so I’ll be on this tomorrow and try to get something sorted. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention.
Yeah, hopefully everything works out OK, I'm worried staying their on the 6th of September, so I'd be even more concerned staying if we were going on the 18th of August, since it only opens 2 days before that.

🤞🤞
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

You can still book rooms direct with universal for when it opens and also for the dates mentioned above, so shouldn’t be any major issues as everything I have read elsewhere states it’s on target for opening.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SJB07

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
You can still book rooms direct with universal for when it opens and also for the dates mentioned above, so shouldn’t be any major issues as everything I have read elsewhere states it’s on target for opening.
Yeah, hopefully.

Might be someone's idea of a joke, didn't come from the most reliable source and lacked any real info, that's why I came on here for some extra reassurance.
Old 28 Jun 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
Im the worlds biggest worrier so this is the last thing I needed! This has appeased me a little!