Old 4 Jul 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

day one

I was awake just before 5 and ds woke up just before 6. Pottered about and then walked up the toad to Denny’s for breakfast.

Ds had the junior create your own slam with sausage, bacon, hash browns and scrambled egg.

I’m not sure his was any smaller than mine.

Dh had a French toast slam

I had a create your own grand slam with sausage, hash brown, bacon and pancakes (that I had to half with ds). The waitress found it hilarious that I could eat a breakfast without eggs 😂

It was all good and our server was lovely. We used the eat and play card again for 20% discount on top of this bill so it was $30 including tip.
Old 4 Jul 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

We were off to SeaWorld. We just missed a trolley and it was now 8.20 so we decided to get an Uber. $8.

Straight in and walked on twice to Atlantis. At this point I was a bad parent, every year ds says he’s going to try bigger rides then changes his mind, which is fine but he waits till the last minute so we generally hang and miss them too. Kraken was posting a 5 minute wait and had no silly vr going on so Dh and I thought why not. We sat ds at the entrance, he was happy enough and nipped on.
It was awesome, I hadn’t ridden it in 17 years and it was still amazing. Ds got a good photo of us and is thinking of doing it next time (read never &#128514.

We bought a refillable mug which was $14.99. We felt it paid for itself as it was filled with icees, blue raspberry, watermelon and pina colada which would have been £4.99 a time and raspberry Coke Zero. It costs $5.99 to recativate.

Wandered on and ds changed his mind about Mako too so same again he sat and played on his phone while we went on, another less than 5 minute wait. Omg 😮 this was intense! But great and long. I’m scared of heights so no looking down for me. In case you are wondering ds is considering this later in the holiday 😂 (spot the theme).

We went to see the sharks and did Wild Artic, which was the roughest ride of the day.

On the way back round we went to the pretzel kitchen, the bacon pretzel has now gone so we shared a pepperoni one it was fine but ds and dh really liked it and tucked in in the line to pay so sorry for the missing bites.

We left about 12.30 and got the itrolley to the Vineland outlets.
Old 4 Jul 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Good shopping at the outlets. Ds got good stuff in Gap and converse and treated himself to a Vans marvel back pack. Nike and Adidas were ok. I got a dooney and Bourke in the disney outlet.
(photo from internet)
I was beyond excited...

We ate at China Max at the food court.

This was $37 with 2 large sodas.

We got an uber back $10
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great updates. That China Max food looks really good, we keep meaning to try Panda Express but never make it, that meal looks similar
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cenerentola
Trying for More Ears

Hope you guys are enjoying Independence Day. Loving the food pics, but loving your Dooney even more! X
Cenerentola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, great start! Love, love, love that Dooney and Bourke bag!

We haven’t been to to Sea World in years and I’m trying to convince DH to fit it into our next trip as I really want to try Mako and Manta.

We love the Chinese from the food courts out there, is that bourbon and orange chicken I see there? They’re soo good aren’t they?
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great start. My Dd would have loved that grilled cheese.

Bet he will decide to go on bigger rides as the holiday goes on.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Fantastic updates, really enjoying reading along. Hope you're having a fantastic time. x
Old 4 Jul 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
great updates. That China Max food looks really good, we keep meaning to try Panda Express but never make it, that meal looks similar
Yes similar, I think Panda Express is slightly better. The one at citywalk is a good option for a cheaper meal while onsite at universal.
Old 4 Jul 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cenerentola View Post
Hope you guys are enjoying Independence Day. Loving the food pics, but loving your Dooney even more! X
Thanks. We had a great day at Discovery Cove.
I was so impressed with my purchase, I knew the outlets sometimes had them but didn’t think I’d spy one.
Enjoy your holidays. xx