Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Jun 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
Well we took the plunge and it’s all booked so exciting but a long time to wait yet!

Thanks for all the info it really has helped. Have a great time when you next set sail
Oh that's fabulous!
I'm absolutely sure you won't be disappointed!

You're welcome - and thank you, we will!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
You need to speak to 'kevbrydon' as he and his wife went on the Seaside in April of this year.

I think he did a little mini report too.

Joa
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
You need to speak to 'kevbrydon' as he and his wife went on the Seaside in April of this year.

I think he did a little mini report too.

Joa
Ha yes we did the Seaside this April and didn't do a mini report

will try and put some photo's up if I can remember how to do this as a long time since I did this lol...

feel free to ask specific questions though
Old 3 Jul 18, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

We sailed on the seaside in January when it was just 3 weeks old. Lovely ship we had a great time. We had a balcony and the stateroom was a great size. Any questions just ask
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thank you everyone that's great. Any hint and tips will be really helpful I'm keen to know about the following:

- classic all inclusive drinks package; read there is only 1 beer option available? Not exactly third world problems I know but hubby does like a pint or two!

- anytime dining on the Aurea experience; again read you can just turn up and wait for a table or pre-book a table in advance at a certain time? What's your experience of this and how long were you waiting?

- excursions; what's your experience? what ports can you just get off and do your own thing? We are on the 14 night carribean cruise from Miami. My mum has reduced mobility, but she isn't in a wheelchair and she feels she is holding people up when she goes on a planned excursion so prefers to do their own thing at their own pace.

- kids clubs/facilities?

Thank you so much
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you everyone that's great. Any hint and tips will be really helpful I'm keen to know about the following:

- classic all inclusive drinks package; read there is only 1 beer option available? Not exactly third world problems I know but hubby does like a pint or two!

Sorry we had the Premium Drinks Package so not sure what the beer choice was for classic

- anytime dining on the Aurea experience; again read you can just turn up and wait for a table or pre-book a table in advance at a certain time? What's your experience of this and how long were you waiting?
We were Fantastica so had a set time for Dinner and to be fair we only went once as we liked the various choices from the Buffet and had lots of snacks during the day..

- excursions; what's your experience? what ports can you just get off and do your own thing? We are on the 14 night carribean cruise from Miami. My mum has reduced mobility, but she isn't in a wheelchair and she feels she is holding people up when she goes on a planned excursion so prefers to do their own thing at their own pace.
We don't do Excursions as we use a new ship as our excursion and still didn't see all of her.
- kids clubs/facilities?
Sorry again as we are a middle aged couple and kids are all grown up now lol
Thank you so much
Wasn't much help but wanted to at least reply to your questions
Old 17 Jul 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We did a cruise on the MSC Meraviglia in Europe and the ship was absolutely stunning- the best we've been on- but the food was terrible and the service, let's just call it 'Italian' otherwise I'll go into an hour long moan lol. On the positive side, our interior stateroom was huge compared to NCL and the cocktails were cheap and yummy.
We enjoyed our cruise, because hey it's a cruise, but would never sail MSC again. I've said to my hubby several times I wish MSC would sell their beautiful new ships to NCL and then we could have the perfect cruise haha.

HOWEVER I hear the Seaside is a LOT better- because she's based in the USA they have really stepped up their game to try and entice the American market to their brand. So I'm sure you will have a better time of it than we did!

Which ports are you stopping at? We've only done the Western route so far (have an Eastern/Southern cruise booked with Princess in December) but I might be able to make some suggestions re excursions
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi,

Looking for your help once again

We got back last week after 3 weeks in Florida doing Disney and Universal and to get over the Disney blues we desperately need to book our next holiday to give us something to look forward to

We are a family of 4 (kids ages 11 and 6) and are looking at a Cruise for next year together with my parents. We have seen a 14 night Carribean cruise onboard MSC Seaside sailing from Miami.

We have priced up an Aurea Balcony cabin but I'd like to hear what you think/know about the ship and your thoughts on how best to get to Miami as we want to fly from Manchester.

Also, if we did an overnight stay in Miami where is the best location to stay.

Thanks
We have also just returned from a 3 week trip to Florida and this is what we are looking at too, however we haven't cruised before.

The MSC Seaside 14 day cruise at the end of June is the one I'm looking at. So much to look at I don't know where to start and I want all the facts before I book, any advice would be great. How much are the drinks and wifi packages, the website doesn't say?

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We did a cruise on the MSC Meraviglia in Europe and the ship was absolutely stunning- the best we've been on- but the food was terrible and the service, let's just call it 'Italian' otherwise I'll go into an hour long moan lol. On the positive side, our interior stateroom was huge compared to NCL and the cocktails were cheap and yummy.
We enjoyed our cruise, because hey it's a cruise, but would never sail MSC again. I've said to my hubby several times I wish MSC would sell their beautiful new ships to NCL and then we could have the perfect cruise haha.

HOWEVER I hear the Seaside is a LOT better- because she's based in the USA they have really stepped up their game to try and entice the American market to their brand. So I'm sure you will have a better time of it than we did!

Which ports are you stopping at? We've only done the Western route so far (have an Eastern/Southern cruise booked with Princess in December) but I might be able to make some suggestions re excursions
Hi
We are on the Meraviglia next January for a quick winter break trip - that ship looks absolutely beautiful!
Shame to hear about the food and service
We sailed MSC , on Divina , out of Miami and found it fine, like you say maybe it was more geared to the American market.
Like you, we will enjoy Meraviglia whatever as we love a cruise
And I agree about MSC cocktails - they are the best we've had on any cruiseline so far!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hi
We are on the Meraviglia next January for a quick winter break trip - that ship looks absolutely beautiful!
Shame to hear about the food and service
We sailed MSC , on Divina , out of Miami and found it fine, like you say maybe it was more geared to the American market.
Like you, we will enjoy Meraviglia whatever as we love a cruise
And I agree about MSC cocktails - they are the best we've had on any cruiseline so far!
I don't know if they have the British pub style bar on the Divina but on the Meraviglia they do the best cocktails in there! Also in the posh bar above the gym (can you tell how good I am remembering the names of these bars) they do really fun molecular cocktails.

The ship is stunning I'm sure you'll have a good time despite the negatives! Give the MDR a chance, but if its bad like we found it then the buffet is pretty good. Not a huge choice but the food is decent. The ship made mozzarella is yummy!

The formal nights were very dressy- I took a nice maxi dress but felt underdressed. Lots of gorgeous evening gowns and formal dress from all countries. Wish I'd brought something dressier!

The 60s/70s party in the gallery was fantastic too. MSC may not know how to cook or deliver polite service but they know how to party lol.

Ooh and don't miss the chocolate shop- we are still working our way through goodies from there and all are delicious.

We have a little 3 nighter on Royal's Independence of the Seas in October, I love trying out different ships!
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List