Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 29 Jun 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Oak Ridge sound like the better option in our opinion but that's just going on responses to mails.

Below is the mail from her which i assume is ok to show as potential business for them. There was a 2nd mail to clarify the $20 gun hire was per lane:

Hello Simon,

Yes, all of you would be allowed to shoot. We have an instructor who will go in with you.

We are an indoor gun range open to the public. We have been in business for almost 30 years and we’ve moved into our new 7 stall air-conditioned facility at 6160 S. Orange Ave. in the past several years.

We charge $15.00 to shoot on the range (unlimited time) which includes your eye and ear protection. We allow up to two extra people to share the same stall for $12.00 each. We have over 50 firearms available for rent for $20.00. Please see attached gun rental list. You can shoot all of our rentals for the one fee; however, you can only take one at a time in on the range. We offer free basic firearm instruction when you rent a firearm from us. If you would prefer a one on one lesson with a NRA instructor, we also offer that for $20.00. Ammo ranges from $4.98 to $24.98 for a box of 50. Targets are .30 to $1.75 each. No reservations are needed but you do need to bring some form of I.D. with you. We welcome tourists. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

We are located approx. 10 min. from Orlando International Airport, Florida Mall and the north end of International Dr. and about 25 min. from the Disney Area Hotels. Our hours are Mon. – Sat. 9:00-9:00 and Sun. 11:00-6:00.

It usually runs about $35.00 per person to shoot on the range when there are two or more sharing the same stall depending upon how much ammo you use. We look forward to seeing you in the range in August.

Thank you,

Jeannie
Thanks for sharing this

Their response definitely makes me feel more confident/comfortable about visiting them when we're there.

As it would just be me and my dad sounds like a pretty reasonable price too... Even if we'd want to hire an instructor!

Edited at 12:12 PM.
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
Thanks for sharing this

Their response definitely makes me feel more confident/comfortable about visiting them when we're there.

As it would just be me and my dad sounds like a pretty reasonable price too... Even we'd want to hire an instructor!
Exactly, gun safety is very important (not saying Riegs aren't safe mind) and being relaxed going there is a big factor. We just got a better feeling from the e-mail to Oak Ridge.
The Groupon saving voucher with Riegs is great mind but i can't get clarification on guns available off them either so mind is made up now.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Went to Oakridge last year. The staff were great. Couldnt have helped more.
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Manor13
Helping Donald

i have booked this took the $50 option
Manor13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Manor13
Helping Donald

Went to this today, called them and they said you can come down anytime, so went a few days later only to find there were not enough instructors on so they advised to come back on Saturday before 2pm they open at 10. We got to use a glock 19 there were others you could chose from they fitted a suppressor to ours to keep the noise down as all the lanes were busy good gun safety and instructions beforehand
Manor13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Thought I'd share some Rieg feedback. Sent them 3 emails over a 2 week period asking about the Groupon deal (what pistols were in the deal, how much ammo, can 1 person use both sets of ammo)

And so far? Not one reply.

Tells me all I need to know really, Been to Oakridge before, but if I remember, shooting a 9mm and one box of ammo (50) cost me nearly $75, not the $35 they have quoted

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Northerndave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Thought I'd share some Rieg feedback. Sent them 3 emails over a 2 week period asking about the Groupon deal (what pistols were in the deal, how much ammo, can 1 person use both sets of ammo)

And so far? Not one reply.

Tells me all I need to know really, Been to Oakridge before, but if I remember, shooting a 9mm and one box of ammo (50) cost me nearly $75, not the $35 they have quoted
We did get replies off them eventually and have taken a punt on going as the Groupon voucher is good. But that depends on if we can actually use it though.

I have planned to go there very early in hols just in case there are problems.

Fingers crossed.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

We did get replies off them eventually and have taken a punt on going as the Groupon voucher is good. But that depends on if we can actually use it though.

I have planned to go there very early in hols just in case there are problems.

Fingers crossed.
I'll keep them crossed for you. Any chance of a quick review while you are over there, will help me decide if worth going for the voucher or not
Old 15 Aug 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
I'll keep them crossed for you. Any chance of a quick review while you are over there, will help me decide if worth going for the voucher or not
We are going on Thurs 23rd. Got a busy day but will message when back at the villa that night or Fri.

If you don't hear off me drop me a pm to jog my memory just in case lol.

PS I have bought the Hash House voucher for breakfast that day as its close there. Also the Lindt chocolate voucher as we are going to the Mall there.
Plus bought the Smash Burger vouchers as that's also in the area. We are doing the waterpark at Dr.Phillips so kids will be hungry after that i hope.
Old 15 Aug 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

We are going on Thurs 23rd. Got a busy day but will message when back at the villa that night or Fri.

If you don't hear off me drop me a pm to jog my memory just in case lol.

PS I have bought the Hash House voucher for breakfast that day as its close there. Also the Lindt chocolate voucher as we are going to the Mall there.
Plus bought the Smash Burger vouchers as that's also in the area. We are doing the waterpark at Dr.Phillips so kids will be hungry after that i hope.
The HHAGG voucher is good value. I went twice when last over and I know people rave about it, but I didn't think it that special. Good, but not great, hopefully that has changed based on the feedback on here. You'll certainly eat well!

Does sound a busy day, you'll all sleep well that night