Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Jul 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thunder Feel The Thunder - June/July 2018 - Day 13 Volcano Bay and Teak Neighbourhood Grill

Friday 6th July 2018

We were up early as the early entry to Volcano Bay was 7am. So we packed up our stuff and headed out to the car, programming the sat nav. I thought Volcano Bay would have had it's own car park, I didn't realise until we got there that it was the same car park as Universal.

We parked the car and realised we had to get a shuttle bus, we went through security and went for the bus. A staff member came and asked us if we knew we were around an hour early for the bus. We said we were staying at the Hard Rock and had early entry. They explained that we should have got the bus from the Hard Rock and didn't have to pay for parking. The receptionist at the Hard Rock the night before hadn't told us this, just that it opened at 7, we weren't amused. We had got up so early for nothing. The bus attendants were brilliant, they said they would leave early for us, and told me to go over to Guest Services to have our parking refunded, which I did.

When we finally got to Volcano Bay it was 7.35am, not too bad, but stress at the start of the day when you've not had a coffee isn't good.

We sorted out our locker and claimed our sunbeds for the day. We didn't have to use the times with the tapu band as everything was walk on. First up we went to the Aqua Coaster, this was brilliant. You get weighed before you go on and they tell you where to sit on the boat. This was so good, that we went straight back on again. We loved it.

I can't remember all the slides names, but we went on the one which was supposed to be like a surf thing, it sweeps you up a wall, this was great too. We went on the one next to it too, with no wait, we walked straight on it.

We walked about going on pretty much everything, and then Tim and Jamie did the drop slide, which they enjoyed. I couldn't do that. After this, it was just after 9 and the park was open, and a sea of people were coming in.

We went over to the cafe and had coffee and breakfast now.

We had done all the slides so were happy to head round to the rapids.

We had to wear life vests, they go really fast, but we enjoyed it, we did a few laps of this before heading for the lazy river.

The lazy river was so busy, all the rings were pretty much touching each other, it was way too busy, we came out of here at the first opportunity.

I went into the wave pool next and stayed there for ages. Then Tim and the kids wanted to go back to the rapids. I said I would sunbathe and see them when they came back.

When they eventually came back, we decided to leave, it was heaving and we had done everything and had a good morning.

We got changed and went for the bus back to the car park.

We went to the Premium Outlets at International Drive as I wanted that Kate Spade bag I had seen on the girl in Universal yesterday.

When we arrived the traffic was busy, and we decided to pay the $10 parking charge for quickness rather than struggling to find a space.

We had a look around the shops to see if Jamie seen anything he fancied as he had spent hardly any of his money, but he didn't see anything. We went to Kate Spade and I got my bag and a wee purse too.

I paid $80 for them both, the purse being more expensive than the bag.

We were getting hungry now, so went back to the car and headed for Teak Neighbourhood Grill. We never made it here last time, and reading so many trip reports and seeing the pictures has always made me want to go. We weren't disappointed.

Tim, myself and Jamie all had the cronut burger and Evie had the OMG burger. The cronut burger was messy to eat, but it was really really good.

What an amazing meal and it wasn't expensive, the service was fab too. Highly recommend it.

We left Teak and headed back to the villa, stopping at Publix for carrot cake.

We chilled by the pool for the rest of the night, catching up with Mum and Dad and filling them in on our adventures over the last couple of days.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Love the Kate Spade purchases 😍

We liked volcano bay too - how annoying they didn’t explain the shuttle buses properly at the hotel though.

Glad you enjoyed Teak - we can never fault it.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for report on Volcano Bay we are going for the 1st time next week. Staying at Cabana bay so can walk through, will definitely take advantage of the early entry 👍
Nice bag & purse 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
aajp
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the VB write up. We are staying at a universal hotel 5-8 August so will make the most of the early entry now as have done all the HP stuff before
aajp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Nice bag 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Such a pain about the mix up for Volcano Bay parking, but you still managed to get loads done before the park opened up. Love that bag!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Love the Kate Spade purchases 😍

We liked volcano bay too - how annoying they didn’t explain the shuttle buses properly at the hotel though.

Glad you enjoyed Teak - we can never fault it.
Thanks, I love them too, that wee bag has been well used already Teak was amazing, those burgers yum

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Thanks for report on Volcano Bay we are going for the 1st time next week. Staying at Cabana bay so can walk through, will definitely take advantage of the early entry 👍
Nice bag & purse 🙂
I hope you have a great holiday! Definitely go early, no waiting and got on everything, was so worth the early rise

Originally Posted by aajp View Post
Thanks for the VB write up. We are staying at a universal hotel 5-8 August so will make the most of the early entry now as have done all the HP stuff before
It's so worth going early, we never queued any more than 5 minutes for anything during early entry. I hope you have a great time

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Nice bag 👍
Thank you

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Great day after the hiccup ah the start! Love the kate spade bag
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Great day after the hiccup ah the start! Love the kate spade bag
Thanks, we had a great time

Old 30 Jul 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Wow, I love that Kate Spade bag! Also love the other bags you bought during your shopping day

Glad to read another good report of Teak. Its definitely on my list of off-site restaurants to try.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List