Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 13 Aug 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
This is actually incorrect, it's an incorrect perception that all too often finds its way on to the forums.

Just because something has a 'Kissimmee' address doesn't guarantee it's really close, and just because something has a 'Davenport' or 'Clermont' address doesn't guarantee it's really far.

According to the Dibb map, the community that you've booked on is actually 3 minutes further away from the Magic Kingdom than two of my villas - one on the 27, one in Championsgate.

If you prefer that area, that's your choice but that is a different matter - it is wrong to say that:

- these areas are further out than where you've booked - not true

- demand must be lower - it depends as much on the villa as the specific location, I certainly don't struggle with demand, as anyone who asks me for a discount will know .
Of course, some of the villas are the other side of kissimmee which is miles away (buenaventura lakes etc).

I agree - MK some would be closer. Depends what locations you want to be closer to. For us its all disney parks, universal, premium outlets, florida mall, buena vista mall, disney springs...

In MY EXPERIENCE, including last few weeks, there were a lot more villas available in Davenport than anywhere else. And mostly a bit cheaper or more discounted.

Only stayed on H27 once and traffic was hell on both US192 and I4. MAybe the time of year but its not for us. Personal choice.

Fair play though - if you get yours fully booked then thats a result :-)
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Not everyone wants to be on Disney's door step.
This year we do as we have the kids with us and it's all about Disney.
Other years we have had odd park days but done other things or just chilled and have benefited by not needing to be super close in terms of choice and price... one size thankfully doesn't fit all !
I have nightmares about waking up and seeing mickeys face!
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
I did wonder about that when looking at Formosa Gardens for next year.

We settled on Windsor Hills again for next year, but I hope it's not too messed up by the new Walmart.

Poinciana area should be pretty good - there's quite a lot of route options from there.

We used to have a villa in the family that was up Highway 27 - we visited it, but never fancied staying up there even though we could have had it for the cost of cleaning.
We've stayed Windsor Hills. Its a good location - don;t forget Sherbeth road to AK! :-)

Poinciana area is good too. Just not too far down Poinciana!

Not sure I'd knock back a free villa on H27 though. Its not that far lol!
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have just returned from 16 days in Orlando. The I-4 is currently crazy. 1 hour to Universal from the 192 villa areas at peak times including coming back on a Friday evening at 10pm. 45 minutes to Premium Outlets at Vineland Road.

The 192 is also mega busy at peak times and the traffic lights can remain red for a painful 3 minutes at a time!

Sherberth Road shortcut significantly reduces travel time to AK & Blizzard Beach.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have stayed at Kissimmee near to the large Walmart a couple of times and last year for the first time stayed at Solana off the 27. We have booked to return to the 27 area this year but staying at Highlands Reserve. We personally prefer the 27 area over the Kissimmee area. We also didn’t find much difference in travelling times and we always went up the 27 and joined the 192. We find travelling to Disney along the 192 from Kissimmee end is a pain in the butt, with so many more traffic lights. I also feel that the 27 and 192 at that end is less “seedy” than a lot of the places up near the big Walmart in Kissimmee. It’s all down to personal preference though and what suits one family, doesn’t suit another.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We have stayed at Kissimmee near to the large Walmart a couple of times and last year for the first time stayed at Solana off the 27. We have booked to return to the 27 area this year but staying at Highlands Reserve. We personally prefer the 27 area over the Kissimmee area. We also didn’t find much difference in travelling times and we always went up the 27 and joined the 192. We find travelling to Disney along the 192 from Kissimmee end is a pain in the butt, with so many more traffic lights. I also feel that the 27 and 192 at that end is less “seedy” than a lot of the places up near the big Walmart in Kissimmee. It’s all down to personal preference though and what suits one family, doesn’t suit another.
A very balanced view of the area and road links from a recent villa renter. Nice one
If you check out the website regarding the Interstate 4 road works you will see that they are due to end in 2028 with the last 'package/phase starting in 2026!
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi I'm just looking at last minute villas for October & thinking Windsor Hills but I just wondered where Pionciano area is & which resorts are near? Thanks x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by debshar View Post
Hi I'm just looking at last minute villas for October & thinking Windsor Hills but I just wondered where Pionciano area is & which resorts are near? Thanks x
The city of Poinciana itself is approximately 25 miles from Disney - and is almost entirely not zoned for short-term rental.

Put a request in for your dates on the Dibb Rental Requests page
And then you can see from the replies where the villas are located.

Some dates in October are very popular, particularly half-term, I've had certain dates in October filled for all three villas for well over a year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

The resorts around the "Poinciana area" include Terra Verde, Cumbrian Lakes, Eagle Point, Crystal Cove, Lake Berkley and BellaVida - they start just off 192 behind a big Walmart and Medieval Times. The OP is staying at Lake Berkley I believe.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wpalmer View Post
West 192 is getting so much worse from about 4pm onwards now. God help us when Margaritaville opens...
I live just near there. In my experience the worst of the traffic in the afternoon is from cars turning into Old Lake Wilson Road to avoid traffic on I4. It is the huge number of new developments further out that are overloading the roads IMO. I am actually not that worried about Margaritaville.