Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Disneyland Paris this August..would you?

I'm hoping to take my Mum on a trip to Disneyland Paris this year as she has never been and going back to Florida is out of our reach for a couple of years.

We're debating between 21st - 24th August and the first week in December. December is cheaper (we would probably spend about the same amount but it we could stay in a nicer hotel) and will be a lot quieter but..August is soon(!) and we are both really tempted to just book it and go as we both happen to be off work at the same time.

I've been before in May and loved it but as Mum has never been I don't want her to be put off by excessive crowds and not want to go back. I have the Magic Plus annual pass so we can both use the EHM in the morning if you think that makes a difference. We both love walking around Disney Parks in the evening and as the parks close at 6pm and 8pm in early December that won't be possible whereas in August they close at 8pm and 11pm. I also wonder if it would be nice to be there in the sun as opposed to December when it is cold though I am sure Christmastime would be magical.

I know it's probably personal preference but what would you do? Any thoughts very gratefully appreciated as we are going round in circles!

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

A nice decision to have 😃

For me, it would come down to whether I could manage the crowds, as you say you’ll have longer days there but you might not get the chance to experience as many attractions.
Old 1 Aug 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Chances are it will also be cold in December. Could your mum also deal with that..?

Saying that, for me having been in the school holidays before, the queues are mad with some rides around 90 minutes + waiting times. Given a choice, i'd go early December.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

If I was going on an adult trip I would choose August. Yes it's busy but with the extended park times you really do get so much time in the parks! When we went in August we always had an extended lunch in the middle of the day to recharge our batteries and then stayed out until 11pm every night. between 8pm and 11pm the parks really empty out and you can get on SO many rides during that time.

I do love Xmas at DLP too but in December the parks won't be open so long and it's like to be cold and possible wet too.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

This a no-brainer for me, it would be early December. The sun sets by 5pm at that time of year at DLP so you still have a couple of hours of the lovely lights around the parks before they close, and you get the beautiful Christmas overlay themeing too.

I would not choose to go to DLP in the height of the summer (did it once, last July, not doing that again if I can at all help it).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We like both times and we’re going at both of your times this yr! How many days would you be going for in August? We’re there for 5 days August, & 3 days in December. Yes December will be quieter, cold & maybe wet but it’s a lovely time of year to go! The Christmas season is the best! But we do like end of August too, warm & as you say late nights!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I hate heat, and there is less air con in DLP than WDW. August in Paris can be a pressure cooker. Traditionally everyone in Paris (OK, slight exaggeration but almost) goes on holiday for the whole of August, and many of them wind up at DLP!

Our first ever day at DLP was in August - a day trip from Paris. In retrospect we did it all wrong, not knowing which rides to FP or where/when to eat to avoid queues. We enjoyed it but it was a long, exhausting day and we spent a lot of it feeling hot and frazzled.

My personal choice would be December - partly because it wouldn't be hot (I'm like Elsa, the cold never bothers me anyway) but mostly because nobody does Christmas like DLP. Looking at last year's Christmas show videos, it really was amazing and they have added so much more recently.

Yes, the park closes earlier, but that means more time for Glowtinis in the lovely cosy Redwood Bar at Sequoia Lodge!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I hate heat, and there is less air con in DLP than WDW. August in Paris can be a pressure cooker.
That's a very good point actually. My experience of August is based on our trip last year where we had pretty rubbish weather - I think if it had been unbearably hot we wouldn't have enjoyed it quite as much!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Teacherdork
Apprentice Imagineer

We went in august last year - on our last day, it was as hot as Florida. They are not set up for hot weather - there was very little shade in the queues. Saying that, it didn't put us off - we are going again this year.
Old 2 Aug 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for December.

We have done the end of August and Christmas.

August would not do it again. There were long queues for everything.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List