Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 1 Aug 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gennacy
Getting to know the DIBB

Is my itinerary okay?

Hello,
I believe this is my first post - I've only been a member for 10 years!
My DH and I have been planning and saving and planning and then going to DLP for many many years instead of WDW, but as of yesterday, we have fully paid for our trip in October (no backing out now!)
So - Reservations made for dining, cant have too many table service meals as we are now on a budget, but we do have the Disney dining plan.
So here goes, I am a little nervous!

Day -1 Mon Work all day , Taxi to Gatwick, overnight stay!
Day 0 TuesUp at 06:00 to get to Gatwick and the No1 Lounge for 07:00, flight leaves at 09:55 ✈Many hours later ✈ Arrive MCO at 14:00 ish local, get Magic Express to OKW, Register, unpack, chill out. Potentially have dinner either in Disney Springs (D-Luxe Burger) or at Olivia's
Day 1 Wed Epcot - Dining at Nine Dragons, potentially EMH at MK from 21:00 - 23:00
Day 2 Thurs Long Lazy lie in Magic Kingdom from 12:00 ish, Lunch at Cosmic Rays, Rides until 18:00 then MNSSHP OMG I am so excited! - going to try and stay the whole evening (hence the early start!)
Day 3 Fri Rest Day (Ha) Breakfast at Ohana's then off to the Florida Mall or Orlando Premium Outlets. Dinenr in Disney Springs Blaze/T-Rex
Day 4 Sat Hollywood Studios all day Fantasmic Lunch at Mama Melrose
Day 5 Sun Breakfast at Boma (07:30 Why? ) Animal Kingdom all Day with Rivers of Light dinner at Tuskers House
Day 6 Mon Swimming with Dolphins Discovery Cove - Dinenr in Disney Springs
Day 7 Tues Magic Kingdom until 18:00 EMH at Epcot (21:00 - 23:00)
Day 8 Wed Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno then Epcot all Day - Hopefully Frozen Desert Party.
Day 9 Thurs Be Our Guest breakfast and early Entry into Magic Kingdom (08:00!) OR Extra Shopping Day Dinner at Chef Mickey's
Day 10 Fri - Seaworld
Day 11 Sat Brunch at Crystal Palace followed 2 hrs later with Lunch at BOG? Magic Kingdom all day Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Day 12 Sun Rest Day? Typhoon Lagoon AM - Epcot PM
Day 13 Mon Animal Kingdom all day Magic Kingdom EMH (21:00 - 23:00)
Day 14 Tues Sad Day Check out, Hollywood Studios until approx 14:00, back to OKW to get the Magic Express, Flight at 22:00 (ISH)

How does it look?
We are a party of 6, Me, DH, My Mum, DC1 (20) DC3 (15) DC4 (12) Unbelievably DC2 (19) wanted to stay at home!
Thank you so much for any advice, I really appreciate it.

Jennie
Gennacy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks good , nice full days!
On day 1: you'll likely wake up very early so are planning going to Epcot very early? If so, perhaps plan a break in the afternoon otherwise jet lag and acclimatisation to the heat will make it a very long day.
Trex: Book it by calling them or get a Landrys card. Disney only have limited access to Trex availability. Trex is loud!
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Also, I notice only a half day for a water park. Perhaps you're not water park fans but I tend to find the teens love them and they're a welcome break from touring. Is Aquatica included in your DC ticket? That's a good half day water park.
You could potentially sacrifice a half day at MK and a half day at AK for water parks, esp the former given the ages of your kids (maybe even a full day... I'm counting day 9 as an MK day by the way)

You have a good mix of heavy and light days planned in which is good.

Edited at 11:20 AM.
Tea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gennacy
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
Also, I notice only a half day for a water park. Perhaps you're not water park fans but I tend to find the teens love them and they're a welcome break from touring. Is Aquatica included in your DC ticket? That's a good half day water park.
You could potentially sacrifice a half day at MK and a half day at AK for water parks, esp the former given the ages of your kids (maybe even a full day... I'm counting day 9 as an MK day by the way)

You have a good mix of heavy and light days planned in which is good.
TRex was originally planned for the first evening however I watched a you-tube video and swiftly changed the booking!

Thank you, We are not really Water Park fans, but given the heat that may change! I will add in a half day - maybe to Aquatica - instead of a MK day.

Thank you for your advice!
Gennacy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post

I notice that you are doing a few EMH in the evenings. We have found EMH in the evenings to be horribly over crowded and something to avoid rather than attend. EMH in the mornings on the other hand are a perk for onsite guests.

My other observation is that you seem to have some long days in single parks, from dawn until dusk on a few days. I also definitely would not to CP brunch and then BOG lunch on same day.

Sorry just commenting on the things that I would do differently that is all,but overall it looks like an interesting trip. Enjoy!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gennacy
Getting to know the DIBB

I agree, the gap between CP and BOG is minute I dont want to cancel BOG as I was desperate to go, but I cant get a booking for any other time - My husband is reservation watch though
Thank you!
Old 4 Aug 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

I think it depends on how you handle the jet lag. We struggled to do much in the evenings for the first few days so I personally wouldn't plan anything big for the evenings until late into the first week.

We also found Hollywood Studios didn't warrant much more than a full day visit, but that was before Toy Story land opened. We'd done everything we wanted to do by 4pm without any fast passes.

I also noticed your rest days are quite far apart. I'd be tempted to push the first one back a day or two as the parks tend to be busier at weekends, but that depends on availability for your meals.

Whatever you plan I'm sure you'll have a fab time though!
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List