Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Aug 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thunder Feel The Thunder - June/July 2018 - Day 15 Pool fun, Animal Kingdom & Animal Kingdom Lodge

Sunday 8th July 2018

We had a lazy morning today, we chilled out around the pool, which turned out to be a full blown water fight, with me being the target. We all had a great laugh, it got a bit competitive, and I lost. I was trying to shield myself with flamingos, with no success

We had an overnight stay booked in Animal Kingdom Lodge, we had rented DVC points for this as the hotel looks amazing. The intention was to go to see Rivers of Light which we've never seen yet.

We packed an overnight bag and made sandwiches for lunch before heading out to Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had already received an email with our room number saying it was ready so when we arrived, we just went straight there and opened the door with our magic bands, no need to wait in the queue at reception.

It's such a beautiful hotel.

We booked a standard studio, but was hopeful we would overlook a savannah, we were lucky.

We sat on the balcony for a wee while, then we went for a look around before heading to Animal Kingdom.

We had fastpasses booked for Expedition Everest so headed there first. This was brilliant as usual.

The heat today was unbearable and we were really struggling. We seen this guy who was cute.

Evie wanted to meet Pocahontas so we went into the queue. There wasn't much shade in this queue just a big fan, we were melting

Yet another selfie

We had a reservation booked at Yak and Yeti, so we headed there next. This is the first time we've eaten here, and I don't know why, this was an amazing meal and I can't believe we hadn't been there before now.

This was such a good meal. There was a couple at the next table who were clearly famous, the staff were over at them all the time, and asking what they were working on now etc, we didn't know who they were unfortunately.

While we were eating dinner, the kids said they didn't want to wait in the park for Rivers of Light, could we go back to the hotel and go to the pool. I've heard mixed reports of it anyway, and it was absolutely boiling, so we decided to use our Flight of Passage fastpass then head back to the hotel.

On our way to Pandora, Timon was out, so Evie wanted to meet him.

We headed round to Pandora next.

Flight of Passage was just as amazing as the first time we went on it, absolutely loved it! The preshow goes on a wee bit, especially if you've seen it before. This ride is just wow!

We walked back to the car and headed back to the hotel.

We got the swim stuff and went to the pool, the kids had loads of fun in the pool, whilst Tim and I enjoyed a few drinks while we watched them.

The cocktails were yum, but expensive. We had a few, then headed up to the shop for some beer and wine for our room. We sat on the balcony for a wee while, then called it a night.

We had noisy neighbours, that was the only downside, we had a connecting door in our room and we could hear their washing machine and every word of their conversations.

Total change of plan for our evening, but glad we did, we had a great time.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day, lovely view from the balcony
Old 5 Aug 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a fantastic day. We've had a couple of lovely meals at Yak and Yeti, will definitely be heading there again next time
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lovely AKL 😀
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Another great day, lovely view from the balcony
Thank you, I loved that view, it was so peaceful

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a fantastic day. We've had a couple of lovely meals at Yak and Yeti, will definitely be heading there again next time
Yak and Yeti was amazing, I can't believe we have missed it on our previous trips

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Lovely AKL 😀
Thanks for reading

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely dayglad you got the view you wanted it looks good from the balcony

Joan
Old 6 Aug 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafiki22
Dancing with Tink'

Looks like a lovely day. Can't wait to stay at AKL next year!
Rafiki22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We stayed at AKL last year and I could spend forever on the balcony watching the animals, it was so relaxing.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A lovely dayglad you got the view you wanted it looks good from the balcony

Joan
It was such a great view thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Rafiki22 View Post
Looks like a lovely day. Can't wait to stay at AKL next year!
It's a stunning hotel, we really loved it

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We stayed at AKL last year and I could spend forever on the balcony watching the animals, it was so relaxing.
It's amazing isn't it, we'd definitely stay there again

Old 7 Aug 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Fab stay at AK. I like that you have lots of nights away in different hotels despite having a villa. The view is great from your balcony.

The food at Yak & Yeti looks so good, yet another place for us to try sometime.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List