Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Sequoia lodge club level

Hi, we are booked to stay here in December, what's the difference with the club level is it worth upgrading to this? Thanks
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post

It all depends on what price they are quoting you to upgrade - but we love the golden forest club, the extras you get are:

- Separate seated check-in area
- A room in the main building with fridge and tea and coffee making facilities
- Breakfast in a separate lounge with no time slots (just walk down whenever you want)
- Access to the golden forest lounge all day with free hot and soft drinks all afternoon/evening - you can also order alcoholic drinks with the staff who will bring them to you but you have to pay for these
- Afternoon snacks between 4-6pm each day in the lounge
-Hotel fastpass - this gives each person one extra fastpass per day on top of the regular fastpasses you get in the parks.

Hope that helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Maddox

Thanks for all that... at the moment it's an extra 600 to upgrade for the 3 nights for 5 of us..so 🤔 Will keep checking tho. Thanks again.
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

We love Golden Forest but that sounds a bit too expensive to be worth it. Normally I would work out the price against per person per day and compare it against the meal plan prices. For 600 you might be able to get half board plus for less. I think the maximum I would pay for Golden Forest benefits would be about £25 per person per day.
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox

Mobile

Thanks Cairns114. yes it's I bit too much I think.
Old 7 Aug 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
The_Wilsons
Trying for More Ears

For us it was cheeper to stay at Sequoia club level with the free breakfast and no waiting rather than stay at cheyenne and pay for breakfast.
The_Wilsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We love the GF too & staying again in 2 weeks! Like above, it was cheaper to stay here than a Montana room with added breakfast for the 4 of us for 4 nights/5days so it was a no brainer! We have a lakeside view room this time which I’m excited about!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

Like Lou Lou says, the last two trips I've booked the GF room has been cheaper than a Montana room with breakfast. For our next trip in December it actually cost £80 more than the Montana room for GF and this was for 4 nights. I know a lot of people like the half board offers but for us, we like having 4 nights, breakfast, the club lounge and then choosing a variety of places to eat from. It does seem for school holidays you need to book club rooms quite a way in advance as I'm sure there much more popular now that breakfast is not normally included.
I would love to try Newport Bay Compass club family room but so far have not found a cheap enough deal.
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
miamivice
Excited about Disney

we have just got back yesterday from staying in a GF room

in case you need to do some calculations, Breakfast at the hotel is 35 euro per adult and about 25 for children (don't quote me on that one)

the rooms are all in the main building and it is a big hotel with separate lodges, so you could end up quite a distance from the main building.

you also get a fastpass to use for whatever ride you want, we found this invaluable in the middle of august as it was very busy and having this meant we could ride all the rides we wanted to. (you can get normal fastpass as well)

when i worked it out it, including breakfast, the cost of a GF room was about £20 a night more, so obviously a no brainer for the fastpass alone, never mind the lounge

for the record, it was red hot when we were ther and water is 3 euros a bottle (you can obviously fill from fountains), but we "liberated" a couple of bottle on an afternoon from the lounge.
2017 - The hunt for Baymax August 2017 - Pre-trip
miamivice is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

They let us take drinks with us from the lounge. We would collect hot chocolates on our return from the parks and cans of cold drinks too.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List