Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 7 Aug 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile What to do?

Hi all,

Have booked to go back to Orlando next year for 14 nights. To add some context, we have been 5 times in the last 7 years so done Disney and Universal a lot and have also explored other areas such as the Keys, Naples, Miami, Clearwater etc. This time we were going to go for a cheap holiday to Spain but managed to get decent priced BA flights direct and a nice villa reasonable. Not sure what parks to do this time - normally go for 14 day ticket to Universal and Disney but this is way too expensive and we will probably go back in 2020 to Disney for Star Wars etc. Toying with the idea of either going for 3 park Sea World tickets or 3 Park Universal tickets, plus maybe a day at Kennedy. Rest of the time chilling at villa. What do people think of this plan? Do you think we’ll get bored? We want to stay in the villa for whole duration as cheap. Family of 4, 2 boys ages 11 and 12. Help please!
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Personally, I think that being so close to Disney and not doing it may be a bit of an anti climax once there with the kids. If you are there for 14 days I would definitely try and budget in a visit.

Out of the two options you wrote down, I would probably do Universal (great for your kids at their age) forgo Seaward as that place is just not my thing for the price and for what it has to offer. Universal is the better bet.

The one thing I do love about Disney, depending on the tickets you get is the whole 3 parks, 2 waterparks thing. You get more for your money which is why Sea World doesn't appeal to me. Also in the future (for your next trip when Star Wars land opens up) you must look up Annual passes because any trip over 10 days, its more cost effective to get an annual pass and have access to everything than to buy tickets. Plus you can park hop and you get the annual pass holder discount!
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
Personally, I think that being so close to Disney and not doing it may be a bit of an anti climax once there with the kids. If you are there for 14 days I would definitely try and budget in a visit.

Out of the two options you wrote down, I would probably do Universal (great for your kids at their age) forgo Seaward as that place is just not my thing for the price and for what it has to offer. Universal is the better bet.

The one thing I do love about Disney, depending on the tickets you get is the whole 3 parks, 2 waterparks thing. You get more for your money which is why Sea World doesn't appeal to me. Also in the future (for your next trip when Star Wars land opens up) you must look up Annual passes because any trip over 10 days, its more cost effective to get an annual pass and have access to everything than to buy tickets. Plus you can park hop and you get the annual pass holder discount!
Normally I'd agree with all of this, however we couldn't really afford the trip to start with so £1700 for a Disney Ultimate ticket for a family of 4 v's £1080 for Universal 14 day and about £450 Seaworld isn't an option, especially as we have done Disney so many times before and will do that in 2020. We've done Seaworld parks only once before so this still has some novelty. Totally get your point though and would advise anybody on a limited budget that hasn't been so many times to do as per your suggestion!
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Guess it depends on what parks you prefer. Out of the water parks I prefer Aquatica but prefer Universal over Seaworld/Busch...so I'd probably go for Universal.

I'd also consider doing things like Spirit of the Swamp, Monster Truck and visit one or two of the natural springs ( my daughter was at Blue Springs yesterday and loved it).

You certainly shouldn't get bored and will no doubt have a very chilled break
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Toff Princess...is the annual pass more economic if doing one trip albeit for three weeks.
I looked at prices and even with free car parking it still worked out more expensive... which annual pass did you price up...thanks
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
I just had a quick google and found a website (ATD services don't know if legit or not and the disney official site) that have 14 day tickets for around £389 per adult (£1400 for 2 adults and 2 kids) with park hopper and memory maker which then works out better than purchasing the annual pass!

My last visit was 17 days off a 10 day one so for me it was cheaper to get annual passes than 21 day ticket plus a few days. Ugh I can't keep up with all the plans and offers.. I swear I payed way more when booking one of my holidays direct with disney and letting then add tickets to my room!

But your maths makes sense the difference in Disney vs Universal is a lot of meals! You could dine the whole trip on the difference!
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Guess it depends on what parks you prefer. Out of the water parks I prefer Aquatica but prefer Universal over Seaworld/Busch...so I'd probably go for Universal.

I'd also consider doing things like Spirit of the Swamp, Monster Truck and visit one or two of the natural springs ( my daughter was at Blue Springs yesterday and loved it).

You certainly shouldn't get bored and will no doubt have a very chilled break
I’m leaning toward Universal. Love the natural springs suggestion, something we’ve never done before thank you. 😀
Old 7 Aug 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Toff Princess...is the annual pass more economic if doing one trip albeit for three weeks.
I looked at prices and even with free car parking it still worked out more expensive... which annual pass did you price up...thanks
I think when I looked into this you need to go more than once per year to make it worthwhile. Although that was sometime ago. It’s certainly a great idea if you can plan the following years holiday less than a year after your return date.
Old 7 Aug 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
I just had a quick google and found a website (ATD services don't know if legit or not and the disney official site) that have 14 day tickets for around £389 per adult (£1400 for 2 adults and 2 kids) with park hopper and memory maker which then works out better than purchasing the annual pass!
My last visit was 17 days off a 10 day one so for me it was cheaper to get annual passes than 21 day ticket plus a few days. Ugh I can't keep up with all the plans and offers.. I swear I payed way more when booking one of my holidays direct with disney and letting then add tickets to my room!

But your maths makes sense the difference in Disney vs Universal is a lot of meals! You could dine the whole trip on the difference!
Thanks for your help. ATD I presume is Atrraction Tickets Direct? If so they are very good and I normally use them, however adult price for 2019 is £425 and I need 4 because of the age of my kids. But you have got me thinking about the annual pass option because I might be able to shift our 2020 dates depending on half terms etc. Cheers 😀
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Snakey101
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

We are in a similar position, can’t really afford the full Disney tickets and toying with seaworl etc. Think we are going to get Universal 14 day with volcano bay (for the water park element) then get a 2 day base ticket for Disney - kids wanted to do Hollywood studios and animal kingdom. We will look at going to the coast one or two days as well.
Snakey101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List