Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Aug 18, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Day 3: No HM pins, but some decent trades.

Hi all,

Thanks for following along. We've been a bit disorganised with pics today, but this was our haul at 11am. We made trades at the main shops near the tree and with some managers, we also snagged a trade at the DVC station near Starbucks.

We opted to look at some of the hidden pins on CM lanyards by answering trivia, but they were hard questions like: what is Boo's real name and what is Andy's surname? They only appear in the movies once . In the end we managed to work out the answer for which Pixar film contains all the vowels and also the name of the monkey in Pirates. Disappointed in our trivia knowledge though and after all that they were rubbish pins that were hidden!

Here's a haul including a purchased donut set:

We continued to trade throughout the day making trades in the same shops near the tree and in Dinoland which we managed to get to after our FOTLK package at Tiffins. We think the uniform and completer silver pin are ones we need to finish some sets we've started, but will need to check - if not, they'll go back on the traders lanyard.

Despite not finding any current HM pins today, we are pleased with what we have found.

HS tomorrow and we'll be looking to do some early morning trading
Thanks for reading, as for us, bed is definitely calling.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It seems to be going well!

I feel like I'd better brush up on my trivia knowledge before we leave, I know Boo's real name but not Andy's surname.

Nice to see you didn't get any doubles in your donut set, but sometimes you want them so you can have traders, I suppose you can't really lose.

I really like the Russian doll set, so good to see one of those in your haul.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Enjoying a different type of trip report.
I see you managed to get the HM thumper pin.
I only collect thumper pins ( a little limiting I know ) Have you seen many of the thumper pins? We will be there in 18 days hoping to find one somewhere
Old 19 Aug 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
It seems to be going well!

I feel like I'd better brush up on my trivia knowledge before we leave, I know Boo's real name but not Andy's surname.

Nice to see you didn't get any doubles in your donut set, but sometimes you want them so you can have traders, I suppose you can't really lose.

I really like the Russian doll set, so good to see one of those in your haul.
I thought the Russian doll one was cute and we hadn't seen it before. We bought another donut set today - well, John did - and only got 1 trader. Just 4 to go now.

BTW Andy's surname is Davies (if I remember correctly )

Originally Posted by rosiebun3 View Post
Enjoying a different type of trip report.
I see you managed to get the HM thumper pin.
I only collect thumper pins ( a little limiting I know ) Have you seen many of the thumper pins? We will be there in 18 days hoping to find one somewhere
We've see the big foot thumper twice, but not seen many other thumper pins to be honest, although we've not looked specifically, will keep an eye out for you though. Hope you have a great trip, not long now 😁
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Day 4: Off plan

Hi all,

So today hasn't gone to plan...I have tonsillitis! I felt it coming on yesterday, but it's hit me like a freight train today and we had to leave HS early so I could get a few more hours in bed. We didn't manage to trade anything at HS, but we were only there long enough to have a little breakfast and go on TSM twice. We did go on ST, bit it was on that I realised how sick I felt. En route back to the room we ordered some throat spray and flu meds from Turner's pharmacy to be delivered to the hotel. Now I've got those I'm back on my feet.

During my sleep John headed into Epcot and bought a set of racers and donuts. We got 2 traders (one from each set).

When I woke up and John returned from his jaunt we decided on a restful afternoon at DS. We didn't really trade here, but we have pics of what is in each set...

No dwarfs in any of them now

After the medication kicked in we headed to Epcot. Here we managed to find 2 HM pins in China

And one in Norway:

All things considered, we don't seem to be doing too badly with 12 HM in total and 9 days left.

Just off to the Frozen Desserts party so doubt there'll be anymore trading today today. Will update later if we find anything else though; thanks for reading

Edited at 03:34 AM.
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Day 5: Moving Hotels

So today was our move from the Dolphin to Bay Lake Tower. We were up pretty early, and, thankfully, I was feeling much better. We sent our cases to be transferred and headed through Epcot. Pins were scarce as it was quite early there didn't seem to be many CMs around.

By 9:20 we were on the monorail to MK. Once I we did some blind trades as we headed for our FP. The two top pins are the result of the blind trades.

We also traded the pins on the middle row and completer HM sidekick (Maximus) on Main Street as these were pins we liked or had some sets of which were missing pins.

On our way out to check in at BLT we managed to find the second to last Epcot logo pin (just the ISTC logo to go in that set) and the completer surfboard. The CM told us she had 2 stitches that morning 🙄.

We'll be heading back to MK once we've unpacked and done some washing; will update if we manage any further trades then

Old 20 Aug 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Hope you're feeling better Niki!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hope you're feeling better Niki!
Much better, thanks. I was pretty miserable yesterday, but after the cold and flu remedy, gargling with salt water and a bit of rest it's back to it

This evening we went back to MK and managed to flag down a manager with a donut AND a surf board. These were our trades tonight.

Just one more Epcot logo to go plus completer, 2 more surf boards, kitchen set, big feet and stitches are proving more difficult. Fingers crossed for HS tomorrow.

Old 21 Aug 18, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
QueenMab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Really enjoying this report. I know nothing about pin trading but am finding it really interesting! Glad you’re feeling better. Rx
Old 21 Aug 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Glad your feeling better. Really enjoying this report and loving the donut pins
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List