Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 12 Aug 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

St Petes - good place to stay for baseball and to watch sunset?

Just putting together a last minute one night side trip to St Petes from Orlando so my chaps can catch a Rays game on Sunday afternoon.

Plan is to hire a car, watch game then either stay in the downtown and drive to watch the sunset or stay on the beach.

As we need room sleeping 5, any suggestions for a reasonably priced beach hotel with a dinner options in walking distance?

Thank you
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chippyminton View Post
Just putting together a last minute one night side trip to St Petes from Orlando so my chaps can catch a Rays game on Sunday afternoon.

Plan is to hire a car, watch game then either stay in the downtown and drive to watch the sunset or stay on the beach.

As we need room sleeping 5, any suggestions for a reasonably priced beach hotel with a dinner options in walking distance?

Thank you

We are staying at the twin inn apartments on Treasure Island. A short walk to the John’s Pass Boardwalk.
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

That sounds good, will take a look, thank you.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed at the Dolphin Beach resort a couple of weeks ago. Only 4 of us, but I'm sure I read that they do a rollaway bed to accommodate 5. Amazing sunset photos from their beach bar Flippers and had a lovely meal at Bongos just a few hotels along.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks, I’ve seen Bongos mentioned before on here, so will have a look
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We're a family of 6 staying In a family suite at the Grand Plaza beach resort, looks and sounds great!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMagic
Very Serious Dibber

We have just stayed at Guy Harvey outpost in a gulf front suite, sleeps 6 and it was great. There is an offer on Travelzoo at the moment for $149.
MinnieMagic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Bongos is attached to the Grand Plaza so, 2 birds, 1 stone there!👍
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Bongos is attached to the Grand Plaza so, 2 birds, 1 stone there!👍
Sorry to hijack OP

Does the grand plaza provide beach towels? We are there for 5 nights in Oct and i'm trying to reduce the amount of stuff we have to take in the cases as we are also doing a cruise so need to fill one case with all the fancy dress (halloween AND pirates night ) and formal wear and snorkel gear so would rather not take towels if not needed.

Ta muchly!
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
Sorry to hijack OP

Does the grand plaza provide beach towels? We are there for 5 nights in Oct and i'm trying to reduce the amount of stuff we have to take in the cases as we are also doing a cruise so need to fill one case with all the fancy dress (halloween AND pirates night ) and formal wear and snorkel gear so would rather not take towels if not needed.

Ta muchly!
Really sorry choccielover, it’s 2 years since we went and I can’t honestly remember if they did or not!
We were staying in a villa in Orlando and just went across for two nights. We took beach towels with us from the villa, so didn’t need any at the hotel.
Sorry I can’t be any more help.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List