Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Aug 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
abbymeg
Excited about Disney

Exactly the same - it's all on me: planning, packing, getting here in order before we go. I like getting to the airport, dumping the bags and accepting it is beyond my control.
POFQ August 2018
abbymeg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

8 days to go, only planner for our party of 4 adults and 4 under 4s, really feeling this now! Can’t wait for the excitement to return, watching lots of Vlogs is helping!
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mich and Amber
Getting Excited

Hi,

So pleased to know it’s not just me. I have had butterflies in my tummy all day today and trying to concentrate at work has been particularly hard. This is the first time doing DIY so I am stressing about minor things.

Will be worth it this time on Friday.

Michelle
Mich and Amber is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

We leave on Sunday and all of the excitement has completely disappeared! Can’t even be bothered to do my packing. Usually it’s all done by now! I feel nervous and anxious 😟
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow so many of us in the same boat. It’s the strangest feeling isn’t it.

Hope we all get over it and have a fabulous holiday.
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m exactly the same! I often feel like I’d be relieved if the whole thing was cancelled. I hate flying though and think that’s part of it.

We’re taking our baby DS on his first holiday next month and I have so many anxieties about it!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cally73
Apprentice Imagineer

Reassured to know that it's not just me who gets like this. We fly in the morning and I am the organiser for our family of four. I get so stressed as I want it all to go smoothly and everyone have a lovely time. I woke up on Wednesday full of cold and spent most of Sat in bed as I felt so ill. My usual hairdresser cancelled me on Thu as he was ill so that added more stress! This trip is extra special as we we arenewing our vows for our silver wedding but it has just added to the stress of more organising! Once we are at the airport I feel much better as it's out of my control then! Safe travels to you all.
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Yesterday i felt so ill. I haven’t been well for a long time but yesterday i had a upset tummy, dizziness etc. I thought i was catching a bug but I actually think it’s anxiety, my heart as been racing etc. I think its because i am worried about my pain while been away and also i feel so disorganised this year.
I am sure we will all be fine glad to know i am not on my own.
Happy Holidays everyone 😀

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I’m like that everytime I go on holiday and I have travelled the world quite a bit. I know it’s anxiety and it goes away once I get to the airport. You’ll have a great time just get through this bit and all will be ok
I’m exactly the same. I think it’s natural to be anxious, it’s such an upheaval and I worry about all sorts - sleeping through the alarm on travel day, missing the flight, losing passport or money, rubbish hotel etc etc.

As soon as I leave home I’m fine !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I always have scarey dreams in those last few days, about packing.

One year when my sister was going with me, I arrived at the hotel and suddenly realised that I’d forgotten to pick her up from home - I’d done the whole journey without her and hadn’t noticed. THEN I woke up !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List