Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
I’m exactly the same ,woke my dh up at 6am this morning and said I think we’ve forgotten something.He said this isn’t Home Alone ,just relax .we go on sat and one minute i’m Ridiculously excited,the next i’m Lying on the bed panicking.we’ve got twin sons 14 who are hyper excited so i’m Trying to keep them calm too . Good luck to all of us going soon ... see you on the other side

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Years ago when my kids were smaller you just booked a package to Florida rocked up at a very non stressful airport and off you flew. We picked up a hire car in Orlando drove to the hotel and the holiday began.
That was really the length and extent of planning.
There didn’t seem to be much talk of strikes, no advance booking for restaurants or rides required, the cost wasn’t stratospheric (although not cheap either) so consequently there was no build up lasting months and no expectations that having planned so carefully this had to all work out.
Everyone just went with the flow, and no one was reliant on technology in the parks as it didn’t exist.
It wasn’t better or worse really I suppose; just different, but I do believe less stressful.
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile

You really aren’t alone here. I have just over 2 weeks to go and im just not feeling it. This is my 8th time and usually at this point I’m beside myself with excitement. I just can’t put my finger on whats wrong but a few things are niggling at me:
I promised myself I wouldn’t go to Florida fat but here i am, not where I want to be and most of my clothes are snug
Taking my 2 year old so worrying about her. Will she be scared of the characters, will she go into meltdown at the slightest thing.
Im driving this time so anxious about that
Im already having bad dreams. Last nights was I forgot everyone’s park tickets and the night before that I forgot our passports
I think its pretty normal though to feel like this when it’s consumed my life for the last 2 years and its cost so much money i just want it to be right.
Hope you’re feeling a bit better today x
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Right there with you. Interestingly my elder daughter has inherited it too - for everywhere EXCEPT Florida!

Weekend away, cinema trip, caravan break - full on anxiety for the 24 hours before. Florida? Would go at the drop of a hat and doesn't think twice.
I frequently dream we are late for the airport.
CBR 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2023
flutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Totally normal. (Well, not uncommon, I don't know that we're normal though!)

Until we've arrived at the airport and checked-in to the hotel, I'm tense, I'm waiting for the thing to go wrong, it just all seems too good to be true that we could be going back.

Although I did get very excited this morning knowing today was the day my room request gets sent across - sad, I know haha!

Edited at 12:18 PM.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

If I was going on my own I would be absolutely fine but my OH gets stressed and anxious and it rubs off on me worrying about him, as his stress manifests in an extreme grump/ragey mood! We could be stopped in the airport and given $10k spending money for free and that would be wrong somehow. He hates airports and wants to pitch up 2 seconds before they close the gate while I would get there 3 hours ahead and love the lounge and people watching in comfort so there's always a clash there. I saw someone that mentioned taking different flights to their OH- where do I sign up for this please?!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

I get that feeling most times I fly long haul. Struggle to eat before getting on the plane tbh.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Isn't it amazing that so many of us dibb organisers feel the same before our holiday? Please take heart from your fellow dibbers that this is not uncommon- but most of all have a great time!
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by belfastbabe View Post
Isn't it amazing that so many of us dibb organisers feel the same before our holiday? Please take heart from your fellow dibbers that this is not uncommon- but most of all have a great time!
Thank-you. We are here now and all nerves and anxieties have faded away. Having a ball here and loving being in the Disney bubble.
Old 20 Aug 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I agree last week before we came I was very stressed but it melted away when we got to the airport.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List