Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 13 Aug 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Foxylad
Getting to know the DIBB

First time at WDW, too much?

We are traveling to wdw on the 29th of Aug. Traveling back on the 12th of Sep.
Me, DW, DD (6) and DS (10)
Been planning for months and today was the final day of booking fast passes. Planing is my thing, been packed for over a month!
I do not cope well with heat, I was planning in cooling off during the day with the ac in lunch and dinner.
Is this too much?

Day 1 MK
9:00am meet Repunzel
9:40-10:40am Buzz space spin (fp)
11:20-12:20pm Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (fp)
12:55pm Tony’s Town Square (adr)
2:20-3:20pm Peter Pan Flight (fp)
5:30pm Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner 1900 Park (adr)
8:55pm Happly Ever After

Day 2 Blizzard Beach

Day 3 Epcot
9:40-10:40am Spaceship Earth (fp)
10:55-11:55am Mission Space (fp)
12:05-1:05pm Frozen Ever After (fp)
1:20pm Storybook Dining Lunch Akershus Royal (adr)
6:10pm Coral Reef Restauraunt Dinner (adr)
10:00pm IllumiNations Refections

Day 4 AK
9:05-10:05am Kilimanjaro Safari (fp)
10:30-11:30am Kali River Rapids (fp)
12:25pm Sanaa (adr)
2:35-3:35pm Navi River Journey (fp)
6:05pm Tusker House Dinner ROL 1st Show (adr)

Day 5 Volcano Bay

Day 6 Islands of Adventure

Day 7 MK
Pirates of Caribbean 9:15-10:15am (fp)
Jungle Cruise 10:35-11:35am (fp)
Trails End 11:50am (adr)
Splash Moutain 1:45-2:45pm (fp)
Dinner Crystal Palace 4:55pm (adr)
Happily Ever After 8:30pm

Day 8 Typhoon Lagoon

Day 9 HS
Star Tours 9:05-10:05am (fp)
Voyage Little Mermaid 10:30-10:45am (fp)
Muppet Vision 11:50-12:50pm (fp)
Sci-fi Dine 1:05pm (adr)
Indiana Jones Spectacular 3:15pm
Fantastic 8:30pm

Day 10 Universal Studios

Day 11 Islands Adventure

Day 12 Epcot
The Seas with Nemo 9:05-10:05 (fp)
Soarin 11:35-12-35pm (fp)
Garden Grill Lunch 1:10pm (adr)
Turtle Talk 2:35-3:35pm (fp)
Via Napoli 6:35pm (adr)
Illuminations 9:00pm

Day 13 MK
Expedition Everest 9:15-10-15am (fp)
Kali River 10:35-11:35am (fp)
Yak&Yeti 12:00pm (adr)
Dinosaur 1:30-2-30pm (fp)
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You've got a lot of very long days in there, especially your first day and your children aren't that old either. Disney is big and you do a lot of walking. Days like that would be far too much for us with older children (15 and 16), and they wouldn't have coped we'll at the ages they were on our first trip too (9 and 10). Are you staying onsite? If so, I'd suggest trying to go back to your resort for some down time by the pool in the afternoon if you want to do first thing in the morning until after fireworks. Can you change your Peter Pan fast pass to before lunch? That way you can go back for a day after lunch, freshen up and then head out for dinner with the fireworks after?

Don't forget, that you won't have fully adjusted to the time difference too, so 9pm fireworks could still feel like it's 2am to you, and especially the children. I'd suggest trying to do this for all the days where you're planning park opening until close as they'll be really long, tiring days. Also consider maybe going to a park in an evening ending after a waterpark day to see the fireworks, then making some of your long days shorter.

Another thing to consider is resort mornings and park afternoons and evenings, or park days and resort afternoon/evenings. Kids love time at the pool as much as they like the parks in my experience.

Otherwise, I think you'll hit a brick wall very quickly with your plan as it is. It's certainly not one I could keep up with without being completely exhausted.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I am certainly no expert, but one thing that did pop into my head whilst reading is are you sure you are going to be hungry enough for your second ADR, some of them you only have a 5 hour gap between booked times (which after you've spent 60-90 minutes actually eating will turn into a 3.5/4 hour gap) and Disney portions are big
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pange1066
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

We've just returned from WDW and we didn't even attempt the fireworks the first week, we were exhausted from just walking around the parks all day. Our boys are 16 and 13 and we made the most of the EMH's the first week and headed back to our villa late afternoon, to relax around the pool. The first few nights, we were in bed by 8/9pm latest - and we're used to staying up late at home. All in all your itinerary is looking great and you've definitely got everything covered - have a fab holiday!
Pange1066 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

WOW that's a lot of stuff with two kids in tow, I think need to factor in some down time for them (as well as you).
Loves2Plan is the 'go to' for the best info so I'd take a note of anything she suggests!
Old 13 Aug 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Hi - welcome to the DIBB.

Yeah backing up Vickie. Spot on. Can't stress enough about her downtime point. Kids love the resort pool sometimes more than going to the parks. Common theme amongst first time plans is rarely taking into account the time difference and heat/humidity. It's energy sapping and adrenaline only takes you so far. It can become a chore and miserable - especially with younger ones in tow. Take day 1 for example. Cinderella ADR at 5.30pm. Bodyclocks screaming 10.30 pm and exhausted from the day. Would you eat a full on sit down, meal at home under those circumstances?

This is my 31st time to the USA and if you haven't hit the wall by late afternoon on the first couple of days then you're a better person than I. (which isn't a high bar to set ). We usually hit parks early until lunch and then chill by pool/whatever for the first few days. It must be 25 years since we attempted anything remotely like a full day in a park.

The good thing is looking at your plan, you can bin HEA and Illuminations in your first week as you have them planned for the second. Much easier when your bodyclock has adjusted.

You have a couple of days at IoA. Possibly drop one and have a rest day? Appreciate you desperately want to squeeze as much in as possible but trust the many DIBBers who will tell you that:
a) You'll most likely be back to fill in the gaps and
b) It's a holiday. Some people look back at their holiday with disdain because they were exhausted and miserable by packing too much in.

If you look at our plan for next month you'll see loads of morning/afternoon/full days of downtime. It's a must.
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/plan...ew.php?p=30083

You have an ADR at Sanaa. My favourite WDW restaurant and the only one we have revisited every time we go. Plan in some rest time and enjoy. Nothing like the first time.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Oh. And stick a countdown on (menu on the right) to raise the excitement. As if you and your family aren't excited enough. Have a great time.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yes the first few days are definitely too much. The heat will exhaust you all and that plus the jetlag means that the joy disappears.

We returned last week and on our first full day, my kids who are 14 and 17 could have easily fallen asleep by 5pm !
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree with what’s already been suggested. I’d cut back the first 3 evenings to finish earlier (maybe 3/4ish) and go back to the hotel to chill out. Then go back out later if you fancy it.

I would also be leaving the later nights for the second week. General rule of thumb imo is, first week early starts and early finishes, then swop to later starts and later finishes the second week.

You can check my itinerary out also by pressing on the calendar icon.

Have a brill holiday, you will love it!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I hope the OP came back and checked these posts out!

I always feel so envious of people going for the first time - long time since the first time but I still feel like my face hurts with smiling that first walk up Main Street each time :-)