Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Voldemort
Excited about Disney

Disneyland Paris Magic Shuttle from Charles de Gaulle

We're flying to Charles de Gaulle with Easyjet Terminal 2D and should arrive at 16.45. I'd booked the Magic Shuttle to Disneyland but now realise its last departure time is 8 pm.

Will we have enough time to catch the Magic Shuttle after going through passport control & collecting our cases? And how do we find the magic shuttle I cannot find any information on how to get from Terminal D to the bus stop?

Plus any tips on Disneyland Paris? I'm finding it very hard to get my head around the place. Im really trying not to compare it to Disney World & all the fun of the planning that online. I feel a bit lost trying to plan Disneyland Paris.
Voldemort is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

From the magical shuttle website: 2B/2D: Follow signs for Terminal 2F, Arrivals and once at door 8 take the corridor.

I'd say unless there's some quite big delay you should be fine catching the shuttle, landing at that time. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

You will have over three hours from landing until the last bus so you should have plenty of time.

Regarding the bus stop, the official site gives the following instructions from terminal 2D:

2B/2D: Follow signs for Terminal 2F, Arrivals and once at door 8 take the corridor.

Hope that helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Voldemort
Excited about Disney

Thank you both very much. I was hoping to find a map with it all marked on - any one seen one?
Voldemort is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Here is a map of terminal 2F zoom in and you can see its location versus 2D at the top left.

You can see the very small Magical Shuttle logo at the bottom on the corridor after door 8.

easycdg/wp-content/upload...CDG-Roissy.pdf
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Voldemort
Excited about Disney

That's brilliant thank you - just what I wanted.
Old 15 Aug 18, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

You will have plenty of time - passport control moves really quickly & as most people travel hand luggage only (to avoid extra charges) your cases could well be waiting when you get through

The Magic Shuttle is a long walk & quite hard to find as it is not signposted well at all! We thought it would be like the Magic Express at Orlando but it wasn't. From the Easyjet terminal we found it easiest to follow signs for the train station then you will see more signs from there.

We only used the buses once as we found it such a faff - we now book a private transfer that picks up at the gate & drops off at the hotel!

Best advice I can give is to not compare DLP to WDW! There are obviously lots of similarities (like walking down main Street) but they are totally different types of holiday.

In the studios Crush & Ratatouille are must dos & depending on when you're going the Mickey & the Magician show is amazing!

In the main park Thunder Mountain is one of our favourites & is way better than the WDW & DL versions! Have a walk round the castle - upstairs there are stain glassed windows & downstairs there's a dragon!

Also have a look at some trip reports on here to get a feel for the parks & an idea of things you don't want to miss x
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
As for DLP, read trippies, watch videos (shameless self-promotion, see links in my sig,) and try to immerse yourself in French culture rather than American. Don’t expect American customs and manners - for example, CMs generally assume you want to be left alone to enjoy yourself rather than the ‘be my new BFF’ style, but if you start a conversation - particularly in ropey school French - they blossom.

Take time to appreciate the details - see the dragon under the castle and the magic tapestries, magic window etc upstairs.

Don’t be too worried about personal space - we Brits are the odd ones out, most French, Spanish and Italians will move up to fill it. My French friends walk down the street with me and consider me stand-offish if we aren’t touching in at least three places! Queuing is really a British thing, most other cultures are less wound up about it than we are.

Research where and when to eat - IMO the counter service is often busy with glacially slow service and so-so food. If you can budget for some table servicecmeals the fine dining can be excellent. Check opening times for the restaurants as the in-park ones often close early. And expect a meal to last at least an hour, the French don’t rush food.

Read the forums and Dibb planning guide for restaurant reviews and pics.

Brush up your school French. Even if it is only ‘bonjour’ and ‘merci’ it makes a huge difference.

Also, expect shows and rides to be in a mix of French and English so everyone gets the gist. Don’t miss Mickey and the Magician, superb show.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Voldemort
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you - I’m going to do all the above. I’m looking forward to reading your trip reports & watching the videos. I’m usually very prepared for Florida but Eurodisney is a new experience for me. I’ve already booked the restaurants but need to figure out the best order to do the rides & sights. We’re only there for a day & a half as we’re on our way to drop the eldest at Uni in France. Hence I want to make the best use of our time😃