Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Too many Spaniards

I'm say listening to Jeremy Vine on radio 2 and the segment is about an elderly lady claiming her Spanish holiday was ruined due to rude native Spaniards and that the evening entertainment was catered for the Spainsh and why can't they (the Spanish) go elsewhere.
I must admit she is also complaining of asking for a ground floor due to mobility issues and was given a second floor room but it is really making me giggle about the "too many Spanish"
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ha ha so funny, I went to Barbados in my twenties to get engaged to dh, one girl at the hotel was crying because it was full of black people!
My fil said a foreigner on the bus in spain offered him his seat, my son was young at the time and piped up surely you’re the foreigner in Spain grandad!
Some people shouldnt leave England!
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I read this on line yesterday and I'm not surprised by it.

We were in Betws-y-Coed last Sunday and there were some people moaning about the locals speaking Welsh, don't really know what they expect as for a lot of people living there it's their first language.
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
She should have gone to Bognor

There's nowt queer as folk as they say

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

One report I read yesterday stated that Thomas Cook had made a payout! Unbelievable.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I read this yesterday! Stupid ignorant woman!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

I'm not long back from Spain and I really enjoyed staying in a small Spanish town, full of holidaying Spanish people. I loved seeing the faces of the Spanish when I practiced my terrible Spanish on them and loved how patient they where with me because I tried. Myself, my daughter and her bestie loved how the Spanish are, very abrupt but no nonsense and very family orientated.
Some people really shouldn't leave home
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

apparantly this hotel is mentioned in the brochure as being very popular with the spanish holiday makers... the mind boggles to be honest

but on the other hand there are exclusivley british hotels in spain, i know someone who goes to benalmadena every year, same "british only" hotel, he loves it

he works hard all year and thats what he likes so who am i to judge..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I live in Spain... fell about laughing when I read this.

Ignorance at its highest level.

Just to expand on the utter stupidity of some people I found the following Gems

I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

2: "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."

3: "The beach was too sandy."

4: "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

5: A tourist at a top African Game Lodge over looking a water hole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel "inadequate".

Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined, as my husband spent all day looking at other women."

12: "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."

It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It only took the Americans three hours to get home."

14: "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."

15: "I was bitten by a mosquito. No one said they could bite."

16: "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying there?"

There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad."

18: "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

19: "We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."

20: "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
One report I read yesterday stated that Thomas Cook had made a payout! Unbelievable.
I saw that too! It was over £500!
I have no idea what she was expecting?
In Spain...

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List