Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Aug 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

oddly enough a little digging & this story isnt what it seems...

In fact, her original interview with the Lancashire Telegraph states that she asked for reimbursement from the package tour operator Thomas Cook because her flights had been changed last-minute, and its recommended hotel was unsuitable for her mobility issues due to chronic arthritis in her right leg. (The hotel was on a hill, their initial room was on the 14th floor and there were 42 steps down to the pool).

Thomas Cook tells me the £566 goodwill gesture offered to Jackson and her friend to split was not because there were “too many Spanish” in the hotel – it is because it didn’t inform her far in enough in advance that the day of her flight out had changed
newstatesman/politic...paniards-spain
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I wasn't referring to her good will compensation, I was referring to her "lack of comprehension" that a Spanish hotel may contain Spaniards and being in Spain the hotel entertainment, may, even be geared towards the locals.
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have to say I am surprised that Spanish people holiday in Benidorm.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
And British?
1000's of british people enjoy benidorm, personally ive never been so cant really comment, but im lead to believe its not all fish and chips/sunday roasts and john smith for 1 euro a pint...

the old town is meant to be really nice

Edited at 04:37 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
And British?
The old town is beautiful, there is a whole different Spain just off the tourist strip
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
oddly enough a little digging & this story isnt what it seems...

newstatesman/politic...paniards-spain
Why let the facts get in the way of a good story!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

I suppose it depends on what kind of Spanish people. We holidayed in Salou many years ago and some of the Spanish holidaymakers were a bit of a nightmare but not because they were Spanish, it was just the kind of people they were. Saying that some of the British were as bad.

We then holidayed in La Manga Strip and that was rammed with Spanish families and we loved the ambiance and experience there.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Ha ha I love this DH and I have had many giggles over the years we were once told by a rep that some British people had asked for the local mosque to be “turned down” as the early call to prayer was waking them this was in Turkey and many complaints about no bacon
We’ve also stayed at hotels that have been rubbished on Tripadvisor because the food consisted of salad and lots of fresh fish and also catered mainly for Spanish (in Spain)
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
1000's of british people enjoy benidorm, personally ive never been so cant really comment, but im lead to believe its not all fish and chips/sunday roasts and john smith for 1 euro a pint...

the old town is meant to be really nice
I've never been either, I bet not many on here have, or if so won't admit to it.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I've never been either, I bet not many on here have, or if so won't admit to it.
Why on earth,would people not admit,to going to Benidorm on here.
I’ve been many times & have always had a great time,in fact I said to my husband,the other day,we need to go back to Benidorm,as we haven’t been,for a couple of years.
That statement smacks of snobbery,but if it wasn’t meant that way,I apologise.
So what opinion,would people have of me,if I say I always enjoy Benidorm?
I would then ask,would that opinion then change,if I say we have also holidayed in
Australia,a few times,Bali,China,Malaysia,a few times,Thailand,quite a few times,Vietnam,Hawaii,India more than once,I could go on,but my point is,if people enjoy Benidorm,then why on earth,shouldn’t they say so.
Just curious
Tracy x