Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Aug 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Raddison Blu Manchester. Breakfast no longer included in any standard room bookings?

Am I right in thinking from reading the website that none of the rooms have breakfast included (even Business/Executive) unless you specifically book the prepaid breakfast described rooms?

I thought before that Executive rooms included breakfast as standard but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

Where you tick the "free breakfast" in the options it brings up 22 Days parking superior rooms but in the description actually doesn't offer this at all.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Business rooms (as they were called) included breakfast but from what I remember they retired that name and now there are executive rooms and you can have exec with breakfast or without.

I thought ooo thats a good idea because we like the business lounge but never have breakfast! so save a bit of money there! but of course in no time at all, the executive room WITHOUT breakfast became as expensive as the old fully inclusive business rooms.

Sigh.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed in an exec room last month and thought breakfast in the lounge was included but it wasn't. They did have a small selection of pastries available in the lounge but that was all. We were told that there was a grab and go breakfast in the main reception area but that consisted of a few apples and oranges.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ohhh I need to check my booking..I have a business room with breakfast included booked for December and again in January.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Ohhh I need to check my booking..I have a business room with breakfast included booked for December and again in January.
if you booked the original business class room with breakfast, it'll still be honoured.

If it's been converted to an exec room, you should check the booking to make sure it's still got breakfast included.

I had 5 bookings... 3 were converted properly to exec with breakfast. One was converted to exec without... and one had both business AND exec on the same reservation.

Fair play to their concierge team who sorted them all out with no hassle but still.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
if you booked the original business class room with breakfast, it'll still be honoured.

If it's been converted to an exec room, you should check the booking to make sure it's still got breakfast included.

I had 5 bookings... 3 were converted properly to exec with breakfast. One was converted to exec without... and one had both business AND exec on the same reservation.

Fair play to their concierge team who sorted them all out with no hassle but still.
Thanks Keith...both are showing as executive rooms with breakfast included lol I presume a proper breakfast and not a few pastries!
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Thanks Keith...both are showing as executive rooms with breakfast included lol I presume a proper breakfast and not a few pastries!
yep a proper breakfast downstairs in the restaurant... or pastries in the business lounge with grab and go available.

I think this can be quite badly documented in a way because friends of ours booked with breakfast and then complained they didnt get one. When I dug a little I found they'd assumed the breakfast was in the business lounge and of course there are only a few items there. The main buffet is down in the restaurant.
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes...we always have breakfast in the restaurant,usually pretty good.
Old 16 Aug 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. As I suspected.

I thought with breakfast included I could be tempted to spend the extra on an Executive room but think we will just grab something at the airport!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano123
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Thanks everyone. As I suspected.

I thought with breakfast included I could be tempted to spend the extra on an Executive room but think we will just grab something at the airport!
I guess we will be eating in the airport as well as I also thought breakfast was included. We have one of the lounges booked as well with our flights so may see what's on offer in there before venturing out for some early morning brekkie 🥓🥞🍳☕️
Deano123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List