Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Aug 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Oh yeah the canape grabbers are the worst! It is funny watching people grab the food like they have never been fed. We didn't think that much of it the last time anyway and always take provisions or pop to Greggs. This year going to use their in house pizza service to the room.

However the lounge is fantastic and worth the cost to us. Love sitting there with a wine, watching the airport world go by and watching all the cars circling around waiting to pick someone up without paying Its a great way to start the holiday
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano123
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by lolalolo86 View Post
Oh yeah the canape grabbers are the worst! It is funny watching people grab the food like they have never been fed. We didn't think that much of it the last time anyway and always take provisions or pop to Greggs. This year going to use their in house pizza service to the room.

However the lounge is fantastic and worth the cost to us. Love sitting there with a wine, watching the airport world go by and watching all the cars circling around waiting to pick someone up without paying Its a great way to start the holiday
I'm in no way a snob (here comes the however) however, we sit there people watching and the family with 6 kids swarm all over the food like a plague of locusts and it's all gone... and we turn to each other and whisper "how the hell do they afford the rooms"

It's the same when we are in Disney and you see the family from hell shouting at their brood "Dolce, Gabanna... put that down and get the f@£k off the wall"

Honestly, I'm not a snob 🤣
Deano123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I prefer the quiet afternoon time in the lounge when they have the chocolate truffles out..not mad on most of the canapes at night.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I prefer the quiet afternoon time in the lounge when they have the chocolate truffles out..not mad on most of the canapes at night.
ooo yes, those truffles are NICE! kinda powdery taste but impossible to resist! It's a shame they take them away when the canapes come out.

Also, what's with the lounge closing at 9pm :/
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
ooo yes, those truffles are NICE! kinda powdery taste but impossible to resist! It's a shame they take them away when the canapes come out.

Also, what's with the lounge closing at 9pm :/
lol maybe the truffles are the reason I can't go the canapes..yes it's kind of early for closing.Roll on December,I look forward to my Radisson stay as much as the actual holiday..we stay the night when we arrive back in Manchester too..nothing beats coming off the long flight knowing you're just a short walk from the hotel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Yes us too! We always have that day off so we get there for 1-2pm and enjoy the quiet calm before the storm. Quite often have the place to ourselves for an hour and it is bliss
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Stayed twice during the 2015/2016 eBay £75 auction, upgraded on both occasions. First stay was superb, unfortunately the second time not so good. A loud buzzing kept us awake, initially thought it was outside the room, a maintenance cupboard or air con issue perhaps, around 2am a lovely chap came up and stood listening to it too, then the lad from Reception arrived with a key to another room and listened too (Fawlty Tower's moment or what!), penny dropped with me, I opened the cupboard door to the fridge pushed a button and hey presto it stopped, we all laughed but they said it needed attention. Breakfast the following morn was purely one of those unfortunate occasions when it wasn't good, coffee was stewed strong and tepid, hot food looked/tasted, as if it'd been out for a while, we left the cooked food [we hate waste] and enjoyed cereal, toast and juice.

Reverted to our Premier Inn of choice last Nov; £29 for a room [in the new annexe] is perfect for us; took Panettone from home for breakfast, PI provide ample tea/coffee supplies. 167 yard walk from railway station and £6 [Reception ordered] taxi to the terminal, now £9 now due to Man Airport drop off charge, but still cheap for two. See no reason to pay RB current rate of £134, room only, for our Nov date - the saving will provide 4 tanks of Fl fuel, circa 10-12 weeks of island driving.
Old 22 Aug 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

Tell you a little story. Last time we were there a couple looking very bedraggled came in and I mean bedraggled both with Tesco shopping bags. They looked like they had just come from the shop, really scruffy and ate nearly everything on offer. And we did think to ourselves. What the !
I did wonder if they where even stopping there. We’ve only been asked once for our room number. Xx

Catherine
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

Grab and go

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
When we were there last year there was a family who were taking the food as if they hadn’t eaten for a week. After the first lot of food came out there was nothing left for any one else. We did eventually get some when they were full! I am planning on grabbing a sausage roll from Greggs to go with my wine then having some canapés when the stampede has finished later.
😅😅😅
Don’t be putting your Greggs bag down some monkey will have it away Scoff the lot lol

Catherine
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Just an update on the business lounge it now only serves alcohol including the beer after 5pm. You need a key card to access the lounge also. Not sure what the beer is yet but will update when it comes out. It was Sol on our visit last year but there is Heineken in the mini bar so it might be that! Also there is no kids under 12 allowed at all times.

Edited at 04:24 PM.