Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Potential Solo Trip - September 2018

Hi!

My boyfriend is off to Berlin with friends, and after trying to arrange a weekend away with a friend (to no avail) I'm thinking of making the short hop to DLP for a day or two instead.

Only daunting part is I'd be going solo.

I travel alone for work so am not nervous about that, more about getting lonesome in the evenings and having no one to chat to.

Anyone else who has travelled solo, how did you find it?

Couple of other questions too...

What time does the park usually stay open in September? I was going to get the Eurostar that arrives at about 5pm but will go earlier if the park shuts early (i'm going to buy an annual pass, so don't worry about 'wasting' a whole day ticket)

Do they have single rider lines?

Is anyone else heading there (solo or otherwise) on the last weekend of September and might want to get a coffee or something at some point?

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

I've done it a few times, I had a really good time. For a short trip especially you'll be too busy to even really notice you're alone.

The hours for September are up already, you can find them on the sidebar or the DLP site.

Single rider is offered at Hyperspace Mountain, Ratatouille, RC Racer, Parachute Drop and Crush's Coaster.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
I've done it a few times, I had a really good time. For a short trip especially you'll be too busy to even really notice you're alone.

The hours for September are up already, you can find them on the sidebar or the DLP site.

Single rider is offered at Hyperspace Mountain, Ratatouille, RC Racer, Parachute Drop and Crush's Coaster.
Thanks so much.
I've just booked my Eurostar and am now a funny mix of excited and nervous!

Good to know that there is lots to do, and I won't notice i'm by myself as I'm just doing 2 nights

Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Go you !
Spontaneous trips are the best
I'd offer to join you but as we don't get back from Florida til the 23rd I think the brand new husband might be less than impressed !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Go you !
Spontaneous trips are the best
I'd offer to join you but as we don't get back from Florida til the 23rd I think the brand new husband might be less than impressed !
Thank you! Now it's booked I'm wondering if I have done the right thing... but I am sure that I have!

Yes, he might not be too impressed if you dash off as soon as you return from your wedding!

I have a feeling that my BF is not going to be impressed, even though he'll be living it up in Berlin.
Think i'll keep quiet and just send him a selfie from in front the castle when I get there!