Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Aug 18, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile My experience of Sanford collection and a question

Arrived earlier today at Sanford. Immigration was alright, took about an hour. Headed to the Avis desk just outside and to the left of the main exit. There is no separate hut in the garage like with Alamo at MCO. That would have at least doubled the number of staff they needed! I walked up to the counter and the lady immediately said hello Mr mjspin. Took me a bit off guard but she said we were the only people collecting a sizeable car today and with 5 of us and plenty of luggage she put two and two together.

This booking was paid for entirely with Avios I collected for work travel and since at the time of booking the premium SUV was lower points than a 7 seat pax van we went for it. The description for this was a Chevy Suburban or similar. Lo and behold that is exactly what we got. 23k miles on the clock and in fair condition although could do with a bit more of a clean inside. Has pretty much every gadget you can imagine from fairly mundane stuff through to tv screens that drop down from be roof inside. There was no hard sell whatsoever. She asked if I wanted enhanced roadside coverage and I declined. She asked if we understood how the toll system worked and sent us on our way to check the car out.

All in all thI experience was much like we have had previously at Daytona Beach. Very chilled but no alternatives. You get what they decide. There were only about another 7 cars in all of the Avis rows.

So, on to my question. Almost immediately after we set off I got an engine oil warming. Do I need to take the car in for this to be addressed or ignore it and carry on with my holiday. Probably a how long is a piece of string question but would welcome any views.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I would take it in or top up the oil if you can be bothered
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks. I’d probably rather for piece of mind. Does anyone know of any large Avis locations between Davenport and Disney? Not sure how many locations carry cars of this size.
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

You haven't mentioned where you are staying to tell you where the nearest one is. They have got an office at the Hilton Hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd next to Disney Springs.

Edited at 10:55 AM.
7SeasSailor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would phone them and explain, I think someone else on here a while ago had a similar problem and a replacement car was driven to them and the other car taken away
Rob
Lisbon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

The problem with the off site locations is they have limited vehicles... Tend to just have vehicles delivered for rentals taking place that day and possible a couple of additions. The only place with a large collection would be back at MCO. Still might be worth popping in to one of the hotel locations and see if they can arrange a swap or for them to have the vehicle delivered to their office the following day.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We had the oil light come up on ours one year so rang them and they said it was more a reminder to change oil when next service done, so ignored it and reminded them when we returned car they confirmed what we had been told on the phone.
Old 20 Aug 18, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the other replies. From what I can tell, it is just a warning to change the oil. I’m over to the west on US27 and not sure what the nearest place will be but thinking I will just ignore it.
Old 22 Aug 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
can you take a picture of the warning light and post it for us... if its just a reminder to change the oil then I would ignore it.

For peace of mind I would also just check the oil level as well

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List