Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Aug 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Has anyone stayed at Encore @ reunion?

Hi,

We’ve stayed at reunion before and am starting to look for a villa for our 2020 trip! (So excited)

I’ve come across Encore at Reunion, looks fab, has anyone stayed here?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Not stayed there but did go for a nosey around when they were building phase 1, the thing that struck me was they were building 7 and 8 bedroom homes in less or the same foot print as my 5 bed which is 3504 sq ft and they felt very cramped with not a lot of room for people to spread out plus they don't seem to have pool screens so they must have the same sort of pest control as Reunion.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Not stayed there but did go for a nosey around when they were building phase 1, the thing that struck me was they were building 7 and 8 bedroom homes in less or the same foot print as my 5 bed which is 3504 sq ft and they felt very cramped with not a lot of room for people to spread out plus they don't seem to have pool screens so they must have the same sort of pest control as Reunion.

Steve
Yes when I looked they do look very close together and with no pool screens as well I think it may feel quite overlooked.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Your right there is not much room between the villas they have to have a 5ft minimum for the utilities easement so they could be quiet close together and if you get one that backs on to Old Lake Wilson road it could suffer from lots of road noise.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
Your right there is not much room between the villas they have to have a 5ft minimum for the utilities easement so they could be quiet close together and if you get one that backs on to Old Lake Wilson road it could suffer from lots of road noise.

Steve
Another good point. I’m trying to find a resort that suits everyone. We have 4 toddlers, 2 young twenty somethings, 4 30-40’s and 2 oaks 😂

We will need a few different villas etc so was trying to find one that had apartments/townhomes and larger villas for the families, plus some onsite amenities.

Maybe terra verde or Windsor hills might work.

The search continues.
Old 18 Aug 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

My party of 18 rented a ten bed villa there last July.
There were 10 bathrooms, all bar 1 an en suite.
There were only 6 sun beds for teeny pool.
Walls were a bit thin.
Car parking for 4 cars on drive.
Bins collected practically every day.
Communal pool was a nice area.

We stayed in one of the first builds, so were very close to the big pool. It seems quite massive now with the site across the road.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

We’ve owned a holiday home on Encore since last November and absolutely love it. It’s got a nice water park which our sons, daughters and grandkids love and other onsite facilities include a small gym, tennis courts, clubhouse, snack bars and restaurant. The location is great for quick access to the I4 or 192 and being new it’s very neat and modern. Most of us don’t have pool screens as all villas have gardens with 5 foot fencing so screens not necessary and no issues with bugs. The open pool was something that particularly appealed to us - my sceptical wife was won over on that count when we rented a villa on here last year.

We’ve got an 8 bedroom villa which I agree possibly has the square footage of some 5 bedroom places elsewhere but all the bedrooms are of a decent size and have walk-in closets and ensuites and the additional upstairs lounge area means that 16 of us are living here for 4 weeks very comfortably right now. Encore is very much about large groups staying in one villa as some of them have up to 13 bedrooms.

Not a sales pitch as we don’t rent ours out.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List