Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Aug 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’m booked here in June for three weeks with virgin but in a studio. Trip advisor is freaking me out too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed in 2015 and it was a great location. Had a refurbished 2 bed suite it was really spacious and pool was fine. If you want luxury then that it's not but it's also not comparable to butlins. Lovely views over go universal and clean yes some parts are dated but we liked it. Looked to stay next year but if wasn't available for my dates.
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
emzmommy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We will be there in 5 week i has t recommended to me by my friend... shes very picky and loves it shes booked for 2020 again at enclaves shes only went in May this year! Her main tip was always book enclaves with virgin and always upgrade your room she said the upgraded studios are lovely! I have also been reading the reviews but tend to with all reviews read between the line and the main thing people are moaning about... and in my opinion it the older rooms when they wanted new ones...my answer pay for the decent room if thats what you want beforehand and dont just expect it!

I shall let you know in 5 weeks time
emzmommy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tel69
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We’ve stayed there 3 times, 2 were fine but last year was awful. We had a newer suite and it was still crap, the staff wouldn’t help and we’ve said never again. It’s ok to sleep there in between park visits but it’s not somewhere you’d want to spend anytime at,
Tel69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by minnie41 View Post
That was the review that probably got to me the most! Trip advisor can be a help or a hindrance sometimes!
We always disregard the top and bottom 10% of reviews. The problem is that if someone had a bad experience of say the check in process, it clouds their view on everything and all the little minor things that you would ignore, then get brought up too.

Remove the top and bottom 10% and go with the remaining reviews.
Old 24 Aug 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
flossycandy
VIP Dibber

flossycandy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were talking to couple at MCO last month that had booked here and she said that it was so bad they moved hotels. I can't remember everything they said but they said that it was not just dirty but filthy. They changed rooms but it was no better so they changed hotels.
flossycandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had a good experience. It's not the Ritz but convenient and our studio room was lovely and spacious.

Our room was clean when we arrived and housekeeping cleaned it whenever we put the sign out.

We upgraded to a Virgin superior room which was only an extra £6 for the full 2 weeks.

I really liked having a balcony & patio doors rather than a motel style room. This alone would make me stay there again.

The only reason we are not staying there next year is because we are staying in LBV.

I was also worried by the Tripadvisor reviews but to be honest when I was looking I found most of the hotels on Idrive didn't have great reviews.
Old 25 Aug 18, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TanyaFay
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Go with your gut feeling, for our February trip next year I originally was booked for Coco Key on I drive with Virgin but having read reviews I was in two minds so eventually went with my gut feeling and changed. We are now going to Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando and since swapping I am feeling much more relaxed.
Old 29 Aug 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
thecannon
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

thecannon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just back from a fantastic stay at the FANTASTIC ENCLAVE SUITES! The place is almost completely renovated and the staff are excellent. They have also improved the poolside bar and it is such a great location, within walking distance to universal studios and so many good restaurants nearby.

The best part of the stay was being able to watch the fireworks every evening from our balcony in both universal studios and also in seaworld. Every room has a balcony and not many hotels in the area for that price can say they have that.

No, it's not the ritz but it's clean, comfortable, affordable and has lots of really nice touches and they are constantly working on upgrading unrefurbished rooms.

We are in the process of booking our next stay there next year.
thecannon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List